Rust-Oleum Corporation is a worldwide leader in protective paints and coatings for both home and industry. We offer a wide product range including decorative fashion paints, durable industrial roof repair coatings and, of course, the famous rust-fighting formula that started it all.
The primary result expected from the Plant Manager is to manage plant operations by managing scheduling, manpower, machinery, to meet customers' requirements, develop and control costs within budget, develop and implement programs to achieve corporate safety goals, implement and control policy and procedures to meet local, state and federal requirements, facilitate and commercialize new process/material and products thru plant facility equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee activities directly related to making products or providing services.
- Review financial statements, and shift production reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
- Direct and coordinate organization's financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with R-O Corporate manufacturing and HR personnel, and staff members as necessary.
- Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes.
- Plan and direct activities such as Promotional orders, new products etc. coordinating with other department heads as required.
- 13-15 years professional experience with a minimum of 3-5 in a Plant Manager role
- People/Team Development
- Strong communications skills with both internal associates and external vendors/customers
- Ability to fast trick knowledge and ideas
- Strong follow through and engagement
- Focus on continuous improvement
Somerset, New Jersey, United States