The Field Manager is a valuable combination of leadership and tactical management experience for branch operations. They work closely with Operations Managers to supervise field staff during evening operations and ensure execution of scheduled jobs. The Field Manager will certify every operational aspect of work has been completed, and all evening protocol is closed out prior to the following day hand off to the daytime Operations Manager.
The Field Managers will often provide the first line of support to field employees who encounter issues with methods or equipment. Often this will result in a hands-on approach by supervising and setting up night jobs onsite. The ideal candidate will possess the unique ability to manage teams' hands on and still carry the PM administrative duties. The Field Manager should be an expert communicator, able to communicate to front line employees, upper management, clients, etc. Must be able to maintain high service quality levels and train and develop new staff to carryout work using trained SOLID company methods.
The ideal candidate should have experience in leading teams, poise, and a deep desire for continuous quality improvement of self and others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute operations plan on a weekly and monthly basis in line with SOW and unique contractual obligations including but not limited to: emergency response or after hours work orders
- Ensure field employees have sufficient knowledge and training to execute jobs they are assigned to
- Travel to job sites to prepare for unique or complex jobs by anticipating and handling site logistics and security in advance of work teams arriving or on behalf of work teams onsite for maximum efficiency
- Perform pre- and post-service walk-throughs of client job sites with or without clients to observe and capture detailed observations of surfaces, including measurements, and ensure such recordings are entered into ERP for useful planning
- Drive a SOLID vehicle and work on site performing work inspections
- Ensure safety and regulatory warehouse compliance in accordance with OSHA and company standards
- Regularly interact with employees and customers, handling complaints, resolving conflict
- Maintain shop inventory to ensure SOLID office always has 30 days of product stock.
- Maintain spare parts sufficient to prevent extended periods of down time due to faulty equipment
- Daily reporting on key metrics and documentation to close out orders nightly including employee hours, materials used, and other site or client specific relevant data in designated channels
- Support the SOP process meetings to review service levels, performance against schedule, establish checks and balance system to ensure durations and expectations are met.
- Work with Human Resources teams to assist in the interviewing and talent selection process
- Provide weekly progress assessments for technicians' professional development and/or remedial training
- Supervise the organization and cleanliness of storage areas
- Supervise the accounting of all equipment, disposable and chemical usage
- Ensure chemicals are labeled correctly at the SOLID office and while on Client sites
- Lead by example to motivate and encourage technicians
Skills and Qualifications, You Will Need to Succeed
- At least 2 years general managerial experience
- At least 2 years general maintenance or cleaning experience
- Extensive experience with Operations scheduling
- Ability to research, analyze, and troubleshoot within various system software
- Overnight travel to participate in specialized group training events
- Self-driven and autonomous worker able to manage time efficiently and keep track of multiple time sensitive projects
- Strong knowledge of SOLID operations, and how the production of service relates to SOLIDs Values and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, technical aptitude, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong team skills, including the ability to coach and develop work teams and provide appropriate training as needed to facilitate growth and development of field staff
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills up and down the organizational hierarchy
- English Language proficiency: speaking, reading, and writing
- Bilingual language competency is a plus