Under limited supervision, the mechanic position performs work of considerable difficulty in the repair and maintenance of vehicles and equipment; performs related work as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Diagnoses, rebuilds and repairs vehicles and equipment.
- Performs inspections and preventive maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
- Order and coordinate delivery of necessary supplies.
- May act as lead person in supervisor's absence.
- Prepares and maintains records and reports.
- Properly follows all state and federal agencies safety procedures.
- Promotes and complies with all company safety policies and procedures; brings problems to the attention of the foreman, project manager, safety director or HR manager.
- Maintain certifications required by all state and federal agencies and company safety programs.
- Maintain professional attitude with owners, inspectors, public and company personal.
- Job Knowledge
- Problem Resolution
- Customer Focus
- Team Work
This position has no supervision responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position: Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Five (5) years of experience and/or training in vehicle/construction equipment repair and maintenance shop or any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Ability to compute basic numbers read scales and use simple fractions.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within timelines.
- Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience with acetylene and electric arc welding
- Knowledge of the construction industry
Ricklefs Excavating Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran or other protected group status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.