The Vac/Jetter truck Operator position performs a variety of duties including locating of existing utilities and cleaning of underground utilities by hydro excavation and/or jetting. The position is responsible for supervising 1-2 craft workers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operate company-owned and leased trucks over 4 tons to facilitate project operations.
- Operate vac truck, jetter truck or vac trailers.
- Perform a variety of duties in the operation of the vac truck or jetter truck
- May plan route to insure most economical use of time and equipment.
- Assist in the locating of existing utilities, cleaning of underground utilities by hydro excavation and/or jetting.
- Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations.
- Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and provide required reports. Any defects or repairs should be reported to shop foreman; clean equipment.
- Maintain and protect all property in excellent condition.
- Properly follows all state and federal agencies safety procedures.
- Promotes and complies with all company safety policies and procedures; brings problems to the attention of the foreman, project manager, safety director or HR manager.
- Maintain certifications required by all state and federal agencies and company safety programs.
- Daily reporting of time, progress and materials used thru electronic reporting.
- Maintain professional attitude with owners, inspectors, public and company personnel.
- Job Knowledge
- Problem Resolution
- Customer Focus
- Team Work
This position directly supervises up to 1 or more craft workers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear. The employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and walk.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position: Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- One (1) year of relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to do the job.
- Valid CDL Class A License and medical card.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Clean driving record
- Knowledge of the construction industry
Boomerang is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran or other protected group status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.