Kiawah River, a subsidiary of The Beach Company, is searching for a qualified groundskeeper to provide support to the Kiawah River Community Association. The Assistant Groundskeeper is responsible for the upkeep of day-to-day maintenance as well as specialized projects around the property. The Assistant Groundskeeper will perform in a quick and timely manner with respect to the land and wildlife. Must also be able to assist the Kiawah River Sales Executives in the field for essential labor tasks.
Kiawah River is located on Johns Island, South Carolina.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work outside in high temperatures and exposed to the elements
- Experience with power tools such as chainsaws and weed eaters, driving a lawn mower
- Experience or ability to learn to work with larger equipment such as tractors and backhoes
- Managing of water systems and forest areas
- Wildlife farming, food plots for deer, turkeys and bees
- This position will be doing some landscaping that will need to be well kept, so an attention to detail
To be considered for this position, qualified candidates will possess the following:
- At least one year of previous related experience
- Ability to learn and absorb new skills, as well as teach and pass along information to newer employees
- Ability to take initiative and identify new opportunities
- Ability to heavy lift and possess machine operation skills
- Strong communications skills and comfortable working with a team
- Innovative in collaboration and problem solving with other departments and at all management levels