The Community Builders, Inc. (TCB)
Join a growing organization that is strengthening neighborhoods across the nation! The Community Builders, Inc. (TCB) is one of America's leading nonprofit real estate developers and owners. Our mission is to build and sustain strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their full potential.
Under the direction of the Portfolio Operations Manager, the Community Manager is responsible for all phases of community operations and on-site team performance. S/he must manage the companys objectives and property operating budget, with the primary goals of increasing the cash flow, balancing the budget, maintaining the physical asset and providing a quality living environment, with superior customer service for residents. This role will establish and maintain a positive, productive working relationship with the propertys team members, ensuring their adherence to TCBs Mission Statement, policies, and procedures; and that the site is in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Additional Responsibilities: Develop and manage operating budgets, billing processes, operating reports, and all accounting functions including invoicing and expense tracking; monitor revenue transactions and rent collection; nonpayment of rent processes; collection agency follow-up and reporting; leasing procedures and compliance with Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan and other regulatory requirements; approve and submit employee time sheets; enact cost control measures as needed.
- Oversee upkeep of the property curb appeal, annual inspection of apartments, market ready units, safety and preventive maintenance, preparation for local, state or federal audits or inspections, monitoring of work order system, and incident documentation and reporting for risk management.
- Provide outstanding customer service to residents, ensure that all appropriate communications are distributed on a timely basis, and follow up on service requests or complaints, or issues involving violations of building rules or resident policies. Work closely with Community Life staff and resident associations and groups to provide and advertise activities and services available on site and in the local area, in order to provide access and foster a sense of community and wellbeing.
- Recruit, train, coach, manage and motivate team members and provide evaluations and recommendations to HR.
- Corporate Committees Group
- Attend trainings, seminars and conferences
- Available for emergencies, on call duties, resident functions and weekends as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent budget and financial management skills
- Knowledge of all regulatory programs, polices and Federal Housing Laws and Guidelines required
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Yardi or other industry software experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Knowledge of Federal Fair Housing Laws & Guidelines a plus
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills are necessary to be successful in this role
- Ability to speak a second language is a plus!
- Knowledge of all regulatory programs and policies regarding housing and affordable housing are necessary
- Leadership skills and understanding of effective management of personal development for all employees desired
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Ability to move around the building or site; able to move up to 50 pounds; able to work in outdoor conditions. Some travel to local sites may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
BA/BS and 5 + years in progressive career path in Residential Property Management, Hotel, Hospitality or Retail Management required, 2 of which should be in a supervisory or management role. Industry designations such as COS, LIHTC, ARM, CPMC, etc. preferred.
The Community Builders, Inc. is committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.