The Project Manager leads projects in regional markets in Michigan and Ohio, working collaboratively with remote colleagues and functional supports in Ohio and in Boston. The Manager implements the day-to-day progression of all aspects of the development process, including due diligence, entitlements, regulatory approvals, financing, design, construction, and leasing while delivering quality projects on schedule and within budget. Must demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively and set appropriate deadlines, while maintaining rapport with internal and external resources. Must accurately identify and communicate risks in advance and recommend strategies to avoid, rather than react. Must demonstrate creative problem solving, resourcefulness, tenacity, and the ability to negotiate and persuade effectively.
Key reasons to be in Development at The Community Builders
- We lead with the mission. TCB takes on tough and complex projects, but also projects which will make a lasting difference for the communities in which we operate.
- You will work with a team of bright and dedicated individuals, whose creativity and persistence and get it done attitude make for an enriching work environment.
- You will build key skills as a Project Manager, with an opportunity to make a real difference as the team works through complex decisions. We look for individuals who can grow with TCB over time into more senior level development positions.
- Our Project Managers are involved in all phases of a project, versus being focused on a specific aspect of a project.
- Create and maintain financial models, projections, and schedules
- Project initiation (create and implement work plan for site analysis & selection, financial feasibility, schedule & budget, and securing community and political support)
- Project determination (financial structure, funding commitments, cost estimates, establishment of project pro forma, due diligence)
- Responsibility for prospecting in a major metro area and preparing RFQ/RFP responses. Show the ability to thoroughly convey TCB's ideas to potential clients
- Secure Public approvals, including zoning
- Work with Finance staff to secure equity, debt and public resources. Take lead in representing organization with local and state funding sources
- Project design (architect selection & management, plans & specs, set-up of requisition system)
- Lead the structuring, assembly, review of funding applications and managing the closing
- Coordinate design/entitlement/permitting process with project team members
- Track & report project issues
- Communicate with Property Management department of requirements met and Human Services planning is continuous throughout the project
- Process and track development expenses with accounting staff
- Coordinate with Construction Management department on design, engineering, estimating and bidding
- Participate in on-site meetings, public and community meetings
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong financial and analytical skills required, with a passion for real estate development
- Handle multiple projects through the consistent completion of tasks with established deadlines
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and must possess advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and Project; Adobe skills preferred
Education & Experience:
Master's degree preferred
Experience with affordable housing required
Developer experience leading origination and execution of housing transactions utilizing housing tax credits and similar gap financing instruments in the state of Michigan preferred
Requires a minimum of 3-5 years of direct real estate experience and skills in the following:
- Residential real estate development
- Development team management
- Financing applications
- Transaction structuring
- Public/private financing and closings
- Developing budgets
- Regulatory issues related
The Community Builders, Inc. is committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.