DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain, troubleshoot, PM, and repair equipment in assigned area under the guidance of higher-level utility mechanics.
• Maintain open and accurate communication with other maintenance employees as well as supervision.
• Complete all assigned work orders completely and accurately documenting all prudent information describing the completion of the work order.
• Complete MRO documentation and SAP entry as dictated by maintenance tasks, repairs, and PMs.
• Perform technical maintenance tasks under close supervision.
• Provide all information necessary to maintain proper parts inventories.
• Work with outside contractors to complete projects and improvements wherever possible.
• Maintain all facility grounds and services.
• Perform all work in a safe manner following all Company safety policies and procedures.
• Other duties and responsibilities as needed.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• High School Diploma or G.E.D., and equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties.
• Basic understanding of electricity.
• Working knowledge of every energy source for each piece of utility equipment in assigned area (electric, hydraulic, and pneumatic, etc.).
• Ability to maintain plant utilities (lighting, water systems, drain systems, etc.).
• Ability to work independently when directed.
• Be able to measure, cut, thread, and join stainless, black iron, plastic, and copper piping.
• Basic understanding of schematics and blue prints.
• Basic understanding of various diagnostic equipment including but not limited to ohms meter, voltage meters, etc. basic knowledge and understanding of power equipment to include cut-off saws, demo-saws, drills, etc.
• Thoroughly understand and follow all OSHA and Company regulations as they relate to the maintenance field (LOTO, CSE, PPE, etc.).
• Basic understanding of critical MRO and SAP procedures and requirements and be able to enter and populate computerized tracking systems.
• Strong written and verbal skills.