MI Windows and Doors is looking for hardworking, dependable people to join our manufacturing family as THIRD SHIFT GLASS OPTIMIZER OPERATOR. The Optimizer Operator must have excellent attention to detail. Third Shift typically works Sunday night - Friday morning from 8:45 pm - 5:15 am. If you take pride in what you do and have a desire to tackle new challenges, then we have an opportunity for you! We offer competitive wages - $15/hour with increase to $17.00 after training and up to $17.50/hour in 12 months PLUS up to $3.00 per hour in production incentives. Flexible Paid Time Off, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement, Comprehensive Benefit Package including Company-Funded Health Savings Account & Eight Paid Holidays!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Read and understand orders.
• Reads job order for specifications such as material, type, and size of stock, and dimensions to be cut, punched and assembled.
• Read a tape measure.
• Work well in group environments.
• Obey all company policies and procedures.
• Maintain a clean and organized work area.
• Complies with all safety procedures and wears appropriate PPE.
• Inspect work-in-process and finished units to ensure compliance with quality standards.
• Understands quality process sheets and responsibilities.
• Needs to provide or actively participate in continued process improvements.
• Regular punctual attendance is an essential function of the job.
• Identify the correct glass types and glass variations.
• 40 Plus hours a week.
SUMMARY OF PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Frequent Bending/Twisting, Reaching, Grasping, Pinching, Finger Manipulation, Forearm and Wrist Twisting
• Continuous lifting of 11-20 pounds
• Continuous carrying of 11-20 pounds
• High school graduate or a GED equivalent from an accredited institution.
• This work is repetitive in nature so the production worker must be able to maintain a fast pace with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Good math skills and the ability to read a tape measure.
• Excellent teamwork skills; develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.