DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Directs the activities of one or more departments in safety, quality and efficiency. Ability to resolve problems relating to his/her area by utilizing the Team Leader and Area Leaders to ensure the operational goals of the area(s) are met. Reports directly to the Production Manager or Assistant Plant Manager.
• Directs team members with respect to achieve safety, quality, and production goals set by senior management.
• Produces the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost consistent with best manufacturing practices.
• Provides a safe work environment for all personnel.
• Recognizes and takes steps to resolve operating problems in order to minimize their impact on the operations.
• Cooperates with all departments to assure a coordinated work relationship exists at all times.
• Responsible for inventory usage and all other department costs.
• Keep accurate and up-to-date records (I.E. timecards, downtime records, absentee records, etc.)
• Enforces company policies in a fair and consistent manner.
• Meet customer load dates by ensuring all scheduled products are made on-time, accurate, and 100% complete
• Encourages team member suggestions for improving safety, quality, productivity, plant environment.
• Ability to implement team member suggestions to improve MIWD
• Keeps Production Manager/ Asst. Plant Manager informed on operating and/or employee problems, which may require their attention or knowledge.
• Maintains consistent communications and daily department meetings.
• Arranges to have appropriate production records prepared and maintained.
• Keeps records of departmental activities, as required.
• Assures efficient and economical utilization of materials, improvement of methods, and elimination of wasteful practices within the department.
• Establishes accountabilities and goals used for performance evaluation.
• Performs other duties as required or directed.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Minimum of 8 years manufacturing supervisory role, or 4 year degree in relevant field plus 3 years manufacturing supervisory role.
• Ability to read, interpret and enforce regulations and policies in accordance with Company guidelines.
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing, bilingual preferred (Spanish).
• Strong knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
• Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with other departments and customers.
• Must have excellent leadership skills.
• Able to train and motivate department personnel.
• Ability to work flexible hours depending upon the needs of the department.
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.