The IT Support Technician Level II role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house desktops and other nodes on the network that support end-user organizational functions. This includes installing, configuring, administering, and fine-tuning of operating systems and components across the supported facility in a timely and efficient manner. The IT Support Technician Level II will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
Duties and Responsibilities:• Troubleshoot, maintain and resolve hardware and software problems, including end user desktop PCs and printers.• Maintain, troubleshoot and deploy production facility scanning and printing equipment.• Troubleshoot PC controlled manufacturing equipment.• Setup and deployment of new PCs and printers.• Troubleshoot issues with network, PCs, printers and applications.• Use helpdesk software to track information, status and resolution for all requests.• Maintain inventory of location specific business critical IT hardware and supplies.• Ensure location specific production machinery redundancy is readily available.• Ensure location specific server backup processes successfully complete• Maintain location specific Active Directory information.• Coordinate and participate in key IT process improvements throughout the organization.• Participate in the design and review of new systems and application deployments for workstations.• Ensure that workstations comply with established policies, security standards, licensing agreements, and configuration guidelines.• Recommend and execute modifications to workstations in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.• Conduct research on hardware and software in support of procurement and system development efforts.• Coordinate and participate in deployment of service packs, hot fixes, system updates, and vendor-supplied patches according to best practices.• Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.• Take an active role in cross-departmental projects when needed or tasked.• Develop project plans and associated communication documents.• Participate in location specific Kaizen, TPM and A3 events as requested. • Build, develop, and grow any business relationships both inside and outside of the company for vital success of any project.• Develop best practices and tools for project execution.• On-call for after-hours support via cell phone.• Other duties as required.
General Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
• Technical certificate or degree in the field of computer science or related field with 2+ years of relative work experience.
• Operating systems experience with Windows 7/8/10, Server 2008/2012/2016.
• Familiar with Microsoft products, such as Office 365 Exchange, Office Suite, SharePoint, SQL, WSUS, and Active Directory.
• Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies including security, VPN, and OWA.
• Technically competent with various software programs.
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
• Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
• Must be able to learn, understand, and apply innovative technologies.
• Physically able to lift up to 40lbs.
• Ability to travel for the purpose of meeting with vendors and off-site project deployment including air travel.