The successful candidate for this position will need: Buying / Vendor sourcing selection and negotiation experience, solid background of qualifying new suppliers, have worked and developed product lines bringing in new products / discontinuing products. Experience working with tangible products, consumer related, and high-volume products. Must have a hands-on personal responsibility in the Product Manager role (Cradle to grave). Candidate will also need background dealing with Inventory / Margin Analysis / and effective communication internally and externally.
This is for Eyewear and Hearing Protection
SUMMARY: The Product Development Manager is responsible for the complete management and coordination of product development projects in the safety and protective equipment industry. The position evaluates and resolves technical feasibility, design optimization, and production issues, as well as ensures that labeling and marketing/promotional literature match product specifications. Additionally, the Product Manager researches and monitors existing client base and industry developments and identifies potential new product opportunities, and works with other departments to establish a design, technology, product development, and vendor strategy. The position also manages project budgets and prepares financial analysis reports for top management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
• Growth in Sales
• Margin Preservation or Improvement
• Elimination of Slow Sellers (Inventory Productivity)
• Development of New Products / Selling Tools
• Employ user friendly query tool to track and analyze sales trends, item productivity, and to track margin trends
• Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors
• Evaluate the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, and return-on-investment and profit-loss projections
• Develop pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction
• Compile lists describing product or service offerings
• Study customer and competitor assortments to observe trends, successes and possible unmet needs.
• Use sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of products, lines, or services, analyzing business developments and monitoring market trends
• Consult with buying personnel to gain advice regarding the types of products or services expected to be in demand
• Conduct economic and commercial surveys to identify potential markets for products and services
• Negotiate contracts with vendors and distributors to manage product distribution, establishing distribution networks and developing distribution strategies
• Consult with graphics personnel on product specifications such as design, color, and packaging
• Advise business and other groups on local, national, and international factors affecting the buying and selling of products and services
• Other duties may be assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Uses shared departmental resources including graphic designers, purchasing staff, QC manager and Product Development team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training dotted line reports and associates; planning, assigning, and directing work.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE and OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Bachelors degree in Business/Marketing AND 8+ years of management experience in a product development environment OR equivalent combination of education and experience
• Prior experience developing marketing & pricing strategy
• Must be PC literate (MS Office) and have strong data entry, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively present presentations
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business reading and/or training materials as well as federal/state regulations
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures as needed
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and/or the general public
• Ability to travel 20% if local, 40% if remote. International travel to Asia 11-15 days a year
• Ability to work with mathematical and reasoning concepts such as:
o Probability and statistical inference
o Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages and proportions to practical situations
o Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
o Ability to interpret instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
• Occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms
• Frequently required to stand and walk; regularly use hands to finger, handle, feel; talk or hear
Radians, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.