Starting pay ranges from $13 - $16.00 per hour with a minimum of 2 years extrusion experience. Candidates with a strong background in Custom Profile Extrusion are highly desired and may qualify for higher compensation. Operators work 12-hour swing shifts (7am-7:15pm or 7pm-7:15am) within a rotating schedule of 36- and 48-hour work weeks. Additional voluntary overtime will be available if production demand requires. Ideal candidates have a strong desire for personal advancement, achievable by learning our manufacturing systems and reporting as scheduled with an upbeat team player mindset.
- Bonuses for performance, attendance, and referrals.
- Unique Dress Code that includes shorts, tank tops, and no steel toes required.
- Onsite snacks and refreshments market.
- Health and wellness benefits.
- 401k Retirement plan with company match.
- Caring Leadership
- and more
Advanced duties (basis for higher starting pay rates) include but are not limited to:
- Set Up and Tear Down of extruder; should be able to do most lines
- Maintaining production run within quality specifications
- Training new employees
- Grind scrap material
- Setting up in-line auxiliary equipment.
- Assuring quality of product by taking samples at regular intervals to compare sample with blue print and measuring with calipers to maintain dimension tolerances
- Making machine adjustments to maintain specifications.
- Preparing product for shipping by sawing parts to length or drilling holes in parts
- Assemble boxes, spools; and skids;
- Packaging product according to work instruction
- Assisting in maintaining a safe and healthful work place by keeping work area clean and orderly by keeping tools and equipment in place and materials off the floor.
- Follows and complies with all documented quality system procedures and work instructions applicable for production operations
- Set-Up in-line auxiliary equipment
- Demonstrated ability to calibrate multiple products without assistance
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Must be able to stand and walk on concrete floor constantly for up to 12 hours.
- Must be able to lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 45 pounds frequently.
- Must be able to push and/or pull equipment such as pullouts, cutters, saws, and water troughs occasionally.
- Must be able to reach at full arm's length distance of 0 to 36 inches in vary directions including upward to eye level and/or above head frequently.
- Must be able to work in hot or cold temperatures and tolerate sudden temperature changes.
- Working conditions include exposure to noise, fumes, dust, hot and cold surface, and sharp edges.
- Manual dexterity is required to use various hand tools such as calipers, wrenches, and screwdrivers.
- Must be able to distinguish colors for product accuracy.