Starting pay ranges from $11.75 - $17.00 per hour depending on experience level. Operators work 12-hour swing shifts (7am-7:15pm or 7pm-7:15am) within a rotating schedule of 36- and 48-hour work weeks. Additional voluntary overtime will be available if production demand requires. Ideal candidates have a strong desire for personal advancement, achievable by learning our manufacturing systems and reporting as scheduled with an upbeat team player mindset.
Bonuses for performance, attendance, and referrals.
Unique Dress Code that includes shorts, tank tops, and no steel toes required.
Onsite snacks and refreshments market.
Health and wellness benefits.
401k Retirement plan with company match.
Duties Include: Operation of a plastics extruder to produce finished goods which meet customer's specifications by -
- Keeping the hopper full of compound.
- Completing quality checks as required by inspection sheets.
- Grind scrap material.
- Prepare packaging by assembling boxes and spools.
- Packaging product according to work instruction.
- Assisting in maintaining a safe and healthful workplace by keeping work area clean and orderly by keeping tools and equipment in place and materials off the floor.
Advanced duties (bases for higher starting pay rates) include but are not limited to:
- Assembling appropriate machine parts and die.
- Filling machine hopper with raw material and keeping it full during production run.
- Running Extruder.
- Assist in the tear down and set up of die.
- Setting up in-line auxiliary equipment.
- Training new employees.
- Making machine adjustments to maintain specifications.
- Preparing product for shipping by sawing parts to length or drilling holes in parts.
- Demonstrated ability to calibrate multiple products without assistance.
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Must be able to stand and walk on concrete floor constantly for up to 12 hours.
- Must be able to lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing up to 45 pounds frequently.
- Must be able to push and/or pull equipment such as pullouts, cutters, saws, and water troughs occasionally.
- Must be able to reach at full arm's length distance of 0 to 36 inches in vary directions including upward to eye level and/or above head frequently.
- Must be able to work in hot or cold temperatures and tolerate sudden temperature changes.
- Working conditions include exposure to noise, fumes, dust, hot and cold surface, and sharp edges.
- Manual dexterity is required to use various hand tools such as calipers, wrenches, and screwdrivers.
- Must be able to distinguish colors for product accuracy.