Note: Builders General Supply Company (BGS) recently acquired Direct Millwork. Direct Millwork is now a division of BGS.
Do you have passion and energy? Do you have experience working with doors and building materials (thats a plus)? Do you enjoy working with customers?
Do you want to be part of a company culture of high performing, motivated people working together in a safe and healthy environment where leadership, personal development and teamwork is recognized, valued and rewarded?
If yes, then we want to hear from you.
This is truly an exciting time to be part of a family owned business since 1931 that offers job stability and a complete line of building products and services with competitive pricing, quality products, and reliable service.
If you are interested in being a BOX TRUCK DRIVER and part of our outstanding team, we encourage you to apply.
CDL BOX TRUCK DRIVER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Primarily responsible for safely driving a Box Truck (24 feet in length) in compliance with safety and DOT regulations.
- Load/Unload materials (e.g., doors) required by customers at the job site, ensuring no damage to material. Assist customer with the placement of material at the job site.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines
- Detect, eliminate or minimize safety hazards.
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspection of assigned vehicle and report any discrepancy to the dispatcher immediately.
- Maintain accurate vehicle records and logs
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Check load and ensure it is properly secured before leaving the yard.
- Check load to ensure correct material and amount of material is being delivered.
- Drive within the laws and rules of the state.
- Other duties as requested directed or assigned.
CDL BOX TRUCK DRIVER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of a valid Class B CDL license.
- Clean Driving record.
- Ability to meet all USDOT physical regulations.
- Ability to follow written and/or oral instructions.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations policies and/or procedures.
- Ability to read maps and navigate to job sites in a timely manner.
- Previous experience working with doors, lumber or building supplies strongly desired.
- Basic match skills and ability to read a tape measure.
- At least one year of driving experience preferred.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
CDL BOX TRUCK DRIVER PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The position regularly requires standing, walking, sitting, talking and hearing. It frequently requires the use of hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with the hands and arms throughout the day.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds.