First and Second shifts available. The hours for 1st Shift are Mon - Fri 7:00 am - 3:30 pm and 2nd Shift are Mon-Fri 3:30 pm - 12:00 am.
The Assembler will work in conjunction with the production department to perform duties essential for customer order completion, timeliness, and accuracy. The position is responsible for assembling product for packaging and/or performing other assembly responsibilities, including verifying product parts, numbers, sorting product, packaging product, adhering to quality standards and work orders and maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Attaching various parts of product to make a finished product
- Assemble products in accordance with work instructions
- Perform quality inspections throughout the assembly process to ensure accuracy
- Include inserts, along with product into clam shells, blister packs, etc.
- Remove product from bags for further custom assembly
- Count product to ensure it meets work order requirements
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs
- Must maintain safe work environment
- Perform safety inspections in manufacturing or industrial setting
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE & OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing/assembly environment, with ability to work in a team environment
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. regularly
- Good communication skills
- PC literate (MS Office) preferred
- Simple math skills, including ability to use mathematics to solve problems
- Ability to read work order, instructions formulas or processing charts
- Ability to package goods for shipment or storage; wrap products, measure, weigh, or count products or materials
- Ability to use hand and/or power tools