Work for the fastest growing landscape company in the country!
LOVING (www.thelovingcompanies.com) are a premier provider of landscape and hardscape services to the residential homebuilder industry. We pride ourselves on being innovative; always striving to create a better product and service for our customer. We know that our employees are the key to our success that is why we are constantly creating new and improved ways to develop our talent. Having a benefits package that is competitive within our industry is important to attracting and retaining the best talent; that is why we offer a fun yet challenging work environment, work-life balance, flexible work schedules, paid time off and health insurance to name a few.
The position of Lead Mechanic is open within our farm operations in our TLG Turf division located in Bamberg, SC.
The ideal candidate is an energetic, positive-thinking and motivated individual with high quality standards and an appropriate skill set. This role reports directly to the Farm Manager and will be responsible for general maintenance on all farm equipment and vehicles.
This position is expected to work shifts from Sunday (rotating) through Thursday beginning at 6am.
The compensation range for this position is $50,000 to $60,000 per year DOE.
- Maintain farm and automotive equipment, including gas, diesel and hydraulic equipment
- Follow safety practices and procedures while making mechanical repairs
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment with accuracy and speed
- Order supplies and maintain proper inventory for equipment maintenance
- Create effective working relationships with employees
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Complete applicable tasks using company computer systems
The noted responsibilities are not an all-inclusive list as additional duties may be required as determined by the applicable department leader.
This company participates in E-Verify where applicable.
- Perform physical activity such as lifting, stooping, kneeling, balancing, pushing, pulling, crouching, and reaching
- Perform light to very heavy work exerting from 20 pounds of force to 100 pounds of force to move objects
- Subject to outdoor inclement weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, wind)
- Subject to periods of loud noise levels
- Subject to hazards including machinery such as mowers, tractors, bobcats, chain saws, electric clippers, etc.
- Subject to climbing
- Subject to atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, and poor ventilation
- May be subject to use of a mask/respirator
- Subject to repetitive motions
Graduate from a standard high school or GED program with five years' work experience in the operation, repair and maintenance of gas, diesel and hydraulic equipment.