Work for the fastest growing landscape company in the country!
LOVING (www.thelovingcompanies.com) are a premier provider of landscape and hardscape services to the residential homebuilder industry. We pride ourselves on being innovative; always striving to create a better product and service for our customer. We know that our employees are the key to our success that is why we are constantly creating new and improved ways to develop our talent. Having a benefits package that is competitive within our industry is important to attracting and retaining the best talent; that is why we offer a fun yet challenging work environment, work-life balance, flexible work schedules, paid time off and health insurance to name a few.
The position of Landscape Foreman is open within our landscaping operations division located in Charlotte, NC.
The ideal candidate is an energetic, positive-thinking and motivated individual with high quality standards and an appropriate skill set. This role reports directly to the Field Management Staff. In this key leadership position that will oversee a crew of 2-4, this position is responsible for working on landscape and hardscape installations to include: grading, working with and around irrigation systems, outdoor lighting, planting, mulching, bed preparation, and sod installation. Installations may also include installing retaining walls, patios, walkways, fireplaces, outdoor kitchens, and landscape features. This position ensures that all construction work is performed in accordance to industry and company standards.
This position is expected to work shifts from Monday through Saturday beginning at 6am.
The compensation for this position is $15.50 per hour.
- Manage a small crew by prioritizing projects, assigning work tasks, using equipment, maintaining records, monitoring work quality and work schedules, insuring crew safety, training employees, and providing performance feedback.
- Leads and participate in performing various landscaping and hardscape functions, maintenance tasks, and equipment operation
- Ensure crew has necessary materials, work orders, and record-keeping for each work site and other duties as assigned.
- Prioritize projects, assign work tasks to crew members, procure required materials, file work orders and maintain written or electronic records of projects.
- Lead crew and participate in performing a wide variety of maintenance tasks such as removing trash, leaves, and debris from surrounding work area.
- Lead crew and participate in performing maintenance such as installing sod, trees and performing any other duties required to complete the job.
- Instruct employees in proper work methods and standards; monitor crew work quality; insure adherence to time schedules and safe work practices, provide performance feedback and input into performance reviews.
- Perform and lead crew on general maintenance tasks to prepare work area.
- Operate all equipment necessary to complete assigned tasks such as bobcat, motor grader, hand tools, and mowing machines.
- Perform equipment repair and maintenance duties.
- Assist with administrative tasks.
- Participate in stand-by status during inclement weather.
- Ensure that truck is prepared for the day.
- Perform maintenance on equipment and report any needed repairs to shop.
- Lead crew and participate in planting shrubs and flowers, trimming trees and shrubbery, and performing related landscape/hardscape duties at all work sites.
- Complete landscape maintenance duties, such as mowing, fertilizer application, weed control, aeration, trimming, pruning and leaf removal
The noted responsibilities are not an all-inclusive list as additional duties may be required as determined by the applicable department leader.
This company participates in E-Verify where applicable.
- Perform physical activity such as lifting, stooping, kneeling, balancing, pushing, pulling, crouching, and reaching
- Perform light to very heavy work exerting from 20 pounds of force to 100 pounds of force to move objects
- Subject to outdoor inclement weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, wind)
- Subject to periods of loud noise levels
- Subject to hazards including machinery such as mowers, tractors, bobcats, chain saws, electric clippers, etc.
- Subject to climbing
- Subject to atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, and poor ventilation
- May be subject to use of a mask/respirator
- Subject to repetitive motions
- High School Graduate/GED Program Completion
- Per applicable regulations, no one under age 21 will be considered
- 5 years' + experience as a Landscape Foreman in a Landscape Construction related environment
- Must have a valid driver's license with no major violations in the past 3 years
- Ability to read/write English. Bilingual candidates are a plus.
- Proficiency in landscape and hardscape tasks and construction methods
- Irrigation experience/knowledge - ability to troubleshoot and do all aspects of new installations
- Horticulture/landscaping knowledge a plus
- Ability to read landscape design prints
- Ability to work some weekends/evenings and in inclement weather
- Effectively communicates with co-workers and management
- Detail and safety oriented
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Read and comprehend regulations and instructions