Job Title: Automation Process Engineer
Department: Process Engineering
Reports To: Process Engineering Manager
Enhance the productivity and automation of our organization by identifying and working on production process projects, as well as refining existing processes to gain efficiencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Optimize industrial processes from inception through startup
- Manage projects being implemented, work through details with future growth in mind, partner with leadership, utilize data, create physical layouts utilizing CAD software, simulate ideas/plans.
- Works with equipment suppliers to determine the best options for improved process or new process implementation.
- Programming - Run wiring, create PLC and robot programs, and create HMI Screens
- Partner with manufacturing leadership to review, develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output.
- Support company projects to ensure consistency in process are implemented
- Research, design, and develop processes to optimize productivity and workflow
- Maintain and complete documentation for: instructions, troubleshooting current production opportunities, new programs on products, Maintenance and Operators to perform PMs, working with Production on issues.
- Attend meetings as requested, and provide frequent feedback to manager on project updates.
- Minimum of 3+ years in a progressive Process Engineering role or operations leadership role
- Electrical/PLC experience preferred.
- Strong project management skills
- Solid knowledge of production processes and mechanical understanding.
- Understanding of lean processes
- Have the ability to build, maintain relationships and work as a team player
- Experience with CAD software a plus
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups or employees.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of; Database software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software. General knowledge or understanding of computer application programs.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are normal for an office environment/production environment. Work may require occasional overnight travel and weekend and/or evening work.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.