Work Location: Fort Irwin, CA
This is a PTOC position
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Engineering Technician IV performs assignments that are not completely standardized or prescribed, selects or adapts standard procedures or equipment, using fully applicable precedents, receives initial instructions, equipment requirements, and advice from supervisor or engineer as needed, performs recurring work independently. Work is reviewed for technical adequacy or conformity with instructions.
• Provide support of test events on military ranges which requires a knowledge of military protocol and standard operating procedures during FTX events
• Understanding and ability to work in the dynamic, fast paced environment of military test events
• This is a part time position
• Conditions will vary. Most work accomplished outdoors.
• Must be able to work outside on the range throughout the year, temperatures/weather will vary.
• Physical requirements include: 45% standing, 25% walking, 20% sitting, 5% reaching, 5% lifting, 10% crouching in tight spaces (inside unit vehicle), and be capable of lifting 50-100 pounds independently/ or with assistance from others.
• Shift hours vary by mission requirements.
• Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to support test missions.
• Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
• Due to real world war-time environments, employee must be able to handle combat simulation and maneuvering exercises.
• Employee may be subjected to loud noises including explosive devices, live gun fire/ammunitions firing war-time simulation, and loud noise generator from inside the military vehicle during Missions, troop support, and while working on range.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 10+ years of Electrical & mechanical system maintenance and repair experience.
- 5+ years of maintenance supervisor/ maintenance lead/ maintenance planner experience.
- 3+ years of maintenance of RF maintenance and repair experience.
- Must have radar operation experience.
- Must have working knowledge of Network/ Computer operation & maintenance experience.
- Experience working at a government facility helpful, but not required.
- Must maintain a current valid Driver License and able to obtain a Class A license.
- Must be able to be insured through Company's vehicle insurance policy while driving work/government/rental vehicles during working hours, and for the duration of your work employment.
- Ability to obtain a Forklift Operator license.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite to include Excel, Word, Internet Explorer.
- Ability to input data into various user interface applications, ability to save and transfer data via USB sticks, CDs, hard drives, or other storage devices, and knowledgeable with networking and component configuration set-up and troubleshooting.
- Must have strong working knowledge and the ability to use hand tools and technician diagnostic equipment to include digital multi meters, power meters, power drills, wrenches, screw drivers, etc.
- Work experience as a technician in any of the following fields is considered a plus: Mechanic, Electrician, Communication System Repairman, or Hydraulic/Pneumatic System Repairman.
Must have U.S. Citizenship and have a current U.S. DoD Secret Security Clearance maintained clearance throughout employment.
All candidates will be required to pass background screening to include SSN, Driver Record, and Criminal Background Investigation.
Systems Application & Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.