SA-TECH provides Research, Development, Test and Evaluation management oversight for work performed including vessel/all targets Operations and Maintenance (O&M), design, integration, installation and O&M of remote control systems for land and sea going targets, Electronic Warfare (EW) systems O&M, FME Threat Replicas and Simulators O&M, and instrumentation/communications O&M.
We also perform mission pre- and post-test operations entailing test planning, scheduling, execution, at-sea target, land targets, EW assets and ranges, and recovery and data collection and management.
SA-TECH conducts concurrent land operations on Eglin Test and Training Range (e.g., EW and land Remote Control Target operations at multiple sites) and seaborne operations in the Eglin Gulf Test and Training Range , plus deployed training missions outside of ECTTR along the Texas coastline and in the Key West, FL vicinity.
We provide maintenance to include preventive, corrosion control, and corrective and depot level (for marine vessels) to keep EW, communication and instrumentation systems, land and marine targets and support vessels operational to meet a demanding mission operations tempo.
SA-TECH recognizes that our success is indicative of each team members' hard work and dedication towards a common goal Supporting the Warfighter. Along with unparalleled stability, we have the ingredients for superior performance with a servant leadership mentality that provides an affirmation of purpose and value in a team oriented positive work environment.
The items listed below are some highlights of SA-TECH's employee benefits:
- Medical plan with prescription plan
- Dental plan, includes orthodontist for children only
- Vision plan
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Life, accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Sick leave
- Vacation leave
Work Location: Eglin Air Force Base, FL
Full Time non-exempt position.
The Heavy Equipment Mechanic analyzes malfunctions and repairs, rebuilds and maintains power equipment, such as cranes, power shovels, scrapers, paving machines, motor graders, trench-digging machines, conveyors, bulldozers, dredges, pumps, compressors and pneumatic tools. This worker operates and inspects machines or equipment to diagnose defects, dismantles and reassembles equipment, using hoists and hand tools, examines parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges, replaces defective engines and subassemblies, such as transmissions, and tests overhauled equipment to insure operating efficiency. The mechanic welds broken parts and structural members, may direct workers engaged in cleaning parts and assisting with assembly and disassembly of equipment, and may repair, adjust and maintain mining machinery, such as stripping and loading shovels, drilling and cutting machines, and continuous mining machines
DUTIES INCLUDE: The following job functions are a basic requirement but are not limited to and may be assigned other duties.
- This position will inspect and operate machines or equipment to diagnose defects, dismantles and reassembles equipment, using hoists and pneumatic as well as hand tools.
- Must be able to analyze malfunctions and repair, rebuild and maintain power equipment such as cranes, pumps, compressors as well as gasoline and diesel marine propulsion systems.
- Examines parts for damage or excessive wear using micrometers and gauges,
- This position will operate and maintain equipment to include, but not limited to, five and ten-ton tractors, cranes, forklifts, fuel trucks, and gasoline as well as diesel powered marine vessels up to 65 feet.
- Work will be performed in accordance with commercial and local Marine repair manuals, technical orders, and accepted trade practices.
- This position will weld broken parts and structural members, may direct workers engaged in cleaning parts.
- Assists others as required with assembly and disassembly of equipment. Inspects, repairs and adjusts general shop equipment as needed to ensure proper operation.
- Duties also include general housekeeping of work area and cleanup of assigned work area.
- Conditions will vary. Duties will include 45% standing, 25% walking, 20% sitting, 5% reaching, and 5% lifting.
- Duties are performed both indoors and outdoors. Outdoor duties may be performed on shore and afloat on even or uneven surfaces, which may be dry or wet.
- Requires the ability to work in a seaborne environment with some shift work at remote locations with occasional over-night assignments.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Travel to remote working locations required and routine deployments on support and target vessels may be required. Overtime required at times to support
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Specialized training acquired through vocational or formal military school in similar studies
- Five years' experience in relevant field with similar duties
- Must have the knowledge and skills not only to operate various types of equipment but also possess the skills to troubleshoot and perform all levels of shop and open water maintenance on diesel or gasoline engines, as well as the repair of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems that are associated with all types of equipment.
- May be required to be trained and certified in asbestos, hexavalent chromium, and radioactive gauges inspection and removal and to handle hazardous materials/hazardous waste.
- Small boat handling skills is a plus.
- Comfortable in an open water environment offshore. Not prone to seasickness, and can swim.
- US Driver's License required; Must be able to be insured through Company's vehicle insurance policy while driving work/government/rental vehicles during working hours, and for the duration of your work employment.
- US Citizenship required
- Must obtain a U.S. DoD Secret Security Clearance prior to hire date and clearance must be maintained throughout employment.
- All candidates will be required to pass a consumer report and/or consumer investigation to include SSN, Driver Record and Criminal Background Investigation.
- Must pass pre-employment physical to include Drug Screen, Vision & Hearing testing, Medical Condition Certification and Back X-ray
All responses will be handled with strict confidentiality.
Systems Application & Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.