SA-TECH supports the U.S. Army Sustainment Command's Enhance Army Global Logistics Enterprise (EAGLE) Logistics Support Services contract located at Schofield Barracks, HI. Specifically, SA-TECH provides maintenance services in the form of above brigade level, field, sustainment, and limited depot level maintenance support as well as transportation counseling services and passenger, equipment, cargo movements for Army Field Support Battalion – Hawaii (AFSBn-HAW) assigned tactical units and government affiliated civilian agencies.
SA-TECH recognizes that our success is indicative of each team members' hard work and dedication towards a common goal Supporting the Warfighter. Along with unparalleled stability, we have the ingredients for superior performance with a servant leadership mentality that provides an affirmation of purpose and value in a team oriented positive work environment.
The items listed below are some highlights of SA-TECH's employee benefits:
- Medical plan with prescription plan
- Dental plan, includes orthodontist for children only
- Vision plan
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Life, accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Sick leave
- Vacation leave
Work Location: Schofield Barracks, HI
Full time non-exempt position
The Motor Vehicle Mechanic repairs, rebuilds, or overhauls major assemblies of internal combustion automobiles, buses, trucks or tractors. Work involves most of the following: Diagnosing the source of trouble and determining the extent of repairs required; replacing worn or broken parts such as piston rings, bearings, or other engine parts; grinding and adjusting valves; rebuilding carburetors; overhauling transmissions; and repairing fuel injection, lighting, and ignition systems. In general, the work of the Motor Vehicle Mechanic requires rounded training and experience usually acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent.
Responsible for a full range of automotive and mechanical repair tasks, to include the repair and servicing of motor vehicle air conditioning systems (MVAC), across Army tactical, commercial, and material handling equipment (MHE); Repair actions are completed in accordance with Army 10/20 standards, applicable Technical Manuals , Safety of Use Messages (SOUM), Material Work Orders (MWO), local directives, drawings, and established trade techniques.
DUTIES INCLUDE: The following job functions are a basic requirement but are not limited to and may be assigned other duties:
- MVM/MVAC mechanics primarily perform maintenance related service and repair tasks associated with the inspection, testing, modification, and overhaul of automotive and MHE equipment; applying broad practical knowledge of equipment operation and the installation of components, assemblies, and subsystems; accomplishing tasks within the limits of established policies, shop practices, and accepted trade practices.
- MVM/MVACs perform repairs across air conditioning systems to include, dismantling, assembly, leak testing, and refrigerant cycling/recovery. Work is performed in accordance with Army technical manuals and/or similar commercial published procedures.
- MVMs must be able to perform all work within reasonable allowable time frames as outlined in respective Maintenance Allocation Charts (MAC).
- MVMs ensure all identified faults and required service actions are repaired prior to submission to Quality Control (QC) for final inspection.
- Perform removal, installation, modification, cleaning, adjusting, and repair of major automotive assemblies across the maintenance standards of general support and limited depot-level repair actions as authorized in Army Regulation 750-1
- Work is performed in a building that is moderately heated, lighted, and ventilated. Work may be performed indoors and outdoors and may be subject to inclement weather conditions
- Must be able to stand, bend, and work in cramped positions; able to routinely lift items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Specialized training through vocational or military schooling or minimum (3) years of relevant experience
- Current state driver's license
- EPA 609, Refrigerant Recycling & Recovery Certification
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Forklift license/certification
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a favorable requisite background investigation
- Current Hawaii Driver License required. Must be able to be insured through Company's vehicle insurance policy while driving work/government/rental vehicles during working hours, and for the duration of your work employment.
- US Citizenship required and ability to obtain and maintain NACI investigation.
- All candidates will be required to pass a consumer report and/or consumer investigation to include SSN, Driver Record and Criminal Background Investigation.
- Pre-employment drug testing required, random drug testing is also a requirement on this contract throughout employment.
All responses will be handled with strict confidentiality.
Systems Application & Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.