Work Location: NAWS China Lake, California
Overview: Full Time Non-Exempt
This technician performs simple routine tasks under close supervision or from detailed procedures. Work is checked in progress or on completion. This person performs one or a combination of such typical duties as: a. Assembling or installing equipment or parts requiring simple wiring, soldering, or connecting. b. Performing simple or routine tasks or tests such as tensile or hardness tests; operating and adjusting simple test equipment; records test data. c. Gathering and maintaining specified records of engineering data such as tests, drawings, etc.; performing computations by substituting numbers in specified formulas; plotting data and draws simple curves and graphs.
DUTIES INCLUDE: The following job functions are a basic requirement but are not limited to and may be assigned other duties.
- Perform inspection, repair, maintenance, and operational testing of Deployable Debrief Facilities (DDF).
- Perform support equipment inspection and repair, shipping, receiving, and delivery of parts and components.
- Perform as a member of a project work team. Work is performed under the supervision of more senior technicians, and as directed by Contract Management and/or Team Lead. Work is reviewed on completion, and may be reviewed in progress for technical adequacy or conformance with instructions.
- Perform visual inspection of each DDF and/or support equipment to analyze operating condition as per most current technical manuals and standard operating procedure (SOP). Document all discrepancies discovered during inspection, and notify Team Lead for disposition of noted discrepancies.
- Perform intermediate level maintenance of DDF, to include but not limited to replacement of safes, latches, access panels, doors, gas spring hinges, and support equipment piece parts as required.
- Perform depot level maintenance, to include but not limited to replacement of flooring, entry door frames, expandable sides, and access ramps. Repair dents, damaged panels, and corroded materials on the DDF, to include welding and general fabrication.
- Fabricate new containers to facilitate transportation of parts and components, transport DDFs when required.
- Document all maintenance/repair actions, to include name of asset, serial number, date of repair, materials used in repair, labor hours performed during each maintenance task, and other applicable data elements as necessary to insure a complete record of all maintenance actions for each DDF.
- Utilize common and peculiar support equipment, test equipment, and common hand tools, as specified in the DDF technical manuals and SOPs, while conducting all intermediate and depot level maintenance. Safely utilize forklifts, cranes, and vehicles to transport assets. Other tasking, as required, to support customer contract requirements.
Conditions will vary. Capable of working outdoors and in temperatures ranging from 0-120F. Position will include: 45% standing, 20% bending, 15% reaching, 5% sitting, 5% walking, and 10% lifting. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Vocational/technical training beyond high school from an academic institution, equivalent military training, or specialized on the job (OJT) training required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years practical experience in laboratory testing, manufacturing, or maintenance.
- Must be skilled in the use of common hand tools, measuring instruments, mechanical assembly and hand-held power tools. Must have the ability to interpret drawings, technical publications, and standard operating procedures (SOPs). Prior welding experience desired.
- Experience using forklifts, with prior certification highly desired.
- Must possess ability to work tactfully with professional engineers, technicians, customers, and management staff on all levels of effort. Must be capable of adhering to all Federal, State, and Company safety regulations.
- Must possess a valid California driver's license; must be able to be insured through Company's vehicle insurance policy while driving work/government/rental vehicles during working hours, and for the duration of your work employment.
- U.S. Citizenship and U.S. DoD SECRET Security Clearance required for hire, and to be maintained throughout employment.
- All candidates will be required to pass background screening to include SSN, Driver Record, and Criminal Background Investigation.
All responses will be handled with strict confidentiality.
Systems Application & Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.