Delaco Integrated Terminals, Woodhaven is a Diez Group Company engaged in the warehousing and local transport of aluminum coils for the automotive industry. The Warehouse is a 24/7 operation.
Positions are full-time and company benefits, including paid time off; Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance are available after 90 days.
Mechanic - Heavy Duty Truck, performs repairs and preventive maintenance on Trucks and Trailers. The preventive maintenance may involve assembly, disassembly, and/or repair of lubrication systems, cooling systems, electrical systems, hydraulic systems, brakes, suspension systems and exhaust systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities for Mechanic - Heavy Duty Truck
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
• Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition• Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries and lubricating equipment and machinery• Adjust and reline brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws and reassemble equipment• Raise trucks or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists• Test drive trucks to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly• Inspect, test and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, charts and pressure gauges• Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts and specified safety devices• Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications• Ability to lift a tire and a rim onto mounting mechanism to mount tire onto rim
• Knowledge of DOT, OSHA, and other related state and federal regulations
• Ability to communicate effectively across various levels of the organization, and communicate with customers and external vendors
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals
• Must meet all regulatory requirements to operate trucks and other equipment used.
Education: High School Diploma, GED and equivalent work experience
Special Skills, Education or Licensure Required:
Experience in heavy diesel repair; CDL Class A license, ability to become State Certified in multiple areas of repairs,
Applicants must be able to pass a New Hire Physical and Hair Follicle Drug Screen
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.