Speedling Incorporated is a global leader in the production of transplants for seeded vegetables, ornamentals, and vegetative propagated products for over 50 years with locations in Florida, Georgia, Texas, and California. Guided by faith and integrity, our mission is to cultivate opportunities for our customers and employees by providing exceptional customer service along with consistent quality products.
The successful Finance Assistant will perform accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient processing, recording, updating, and reconciling accounts payable transactions in compliance with established policies. In addition, this individual will play an active role in month-end closing procedures supporting the Finance team in ensuring a timely and accurate close. Key responsibilities include ensuring all work is performed in accordance with safety policies and regulations to promote a safe working environment.
OUR EMPLOYEES ARE OUR #1 ASSET! Speedling offers a competitive salary, medical, dental, company-paid life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k) plan, paid vacation, and holidays. Speedling's Employee Enrichment Committee is committed to offering activities to help our employees pursue health and wellness.
If you are proactive, goal-driven, and looking to grow your career, become part of a team that Feeds the World and Makes it a More Beautiful Place, apply now!
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Scan and process received vendor invoices
• Initiate and manage approval workflow to appropriate manager and G/L code all invoices
• Process vendor invoices for all voucher batches
• Reconcile credit card statements, expense reports and gas cards
• Daily delivery/pickup and distribution of mail
• Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities via checks and ACH payments
• Resolve contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
• Monitor received Pos for invoice receipt
• Track and reconcile offset accounts for AR/AP
• Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date and reconcile monthly statements
• Vendor file maintenance including any insurance requirements for subcontractors
• Manage Federal ID number info and 1099 processing annually
• Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
• Calculate month-end accruals
• Play an active role in month-end closing
• Financial audit assistance
• Performs other special projects and duties as assigned
• Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
• Ensure work projects are completed satisfactorily and safe working conditions are maintained at all times.
• Maintain a high level of professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers
• Act as a role model, working alongside team members, and demonstrate a positive work ethic.
• Develop and maintain a strong sense of teamwork among the team members.
• 1-3 years AP and general accounting practices experience
• Excellent Excel skills required, competence with pivot tables, lookup functions
• Excellent communication, taking ownership of assigned tasks, excellent interpersonal skills
• Act and operate independently with minimal daily direction to accomplish objectives
• Work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem-solving, and results.
• Organizing and prioritizing ability, attention to detail and accuracy, analytical thinker
• Good interpersonal communication, able to work well with others
• Manufacturing aptitude, must be able to work as part of a team
• Willingness to work nights and/or weekends, hours will change based on business needs
• Ability to demonstrate high ethical standards and set a positive example for team members
• Able to lift up to 20 lbs and able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
• Ability to take initiative and work with minimum supervision, self-motivated
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.