Position: Quality Manager
Position Reports to: VP Manufacturing
Job Objective and Role: Drive implementation of processes and systems resulting in improvement of quality in U.S. factories. Overall responsible for all matters relating to quality assurance, quality systems, quality awareness, supplier quality and training across.
- Understand customer expectations of and needs from a product.
- Track quality performance through standardized KPIs.
- Managing the ISO 9000 program
- Lead root cause analysis and elimination for top quality issues both internally and externally.
- Supervising staff and monitoring production standards.
- Develop and lead quality team meetings weekly.
- Develop and lead quality reviews with top management monthly.
- Identify Quality training needs with workforce and conduct training as needed.
- Establish improvement plans with factory quality personnel and monitor / report progress.
- Identify top 5 COPQ opportunities to ensure visibility to top management.
- Implement a process whereby First-Pass Yield issues are reviewed and addressed in Daily Meetings.
- Attend Daily Meetings on factory floor at least weekly.
- Audit quality systems and processes utilizing the Quality Systems Audit check list.
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction in the improvement of quality systems.
- Educate work force on Quality System requirements through good communication processes.
- Develop and establish supplier quality assurance policies, processes, procedures and system.
- Lead and drive supplier quality improvement as necessary.
- Monitor warranty and claims process for conformance to policy and utilize data to help align resources to top COPQ problems.
- Work with Supply Chain team to ensure appropriate communication and resolution of Supplier Quality issues.
- Lead quality-related activities in New Product Development.
- Keep abreast with Best Practice applications in Quality for potential application.
- Ensure regular reports are forthcoming, analyze and evaluate, and take action where necessary.
- Liaise with management in other departments.
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or relevant field.
- Quality control certification advantageous.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Data analysis and statistical aptitude.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Highly conscientious and diligent.
- Proven and successful track record working in a similar role.
- Minimum 5 yrs. experience using root cause analysis problem solving techniques in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of quality systems and quality assurance.
- Fluency in speaking, understanding, writing and reading English.
- Ability to travel to suppliers as needed.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work across a number of disciplines and nationalities in a professional and effective manner.
- Experience in Fire or Automotive industry a plus.