We are seeking a dependable and detail-oriented individual to manage and supervise all Environmental functions and personnel. The Environmental Supervisor will maintain their facility and department equipment in clean, sanitary and safe condition and will work well with other department heads and staff to ensure quality care for the residents.
Responsibilities and Purpose
- Responsible for environmental services/laundry budget as outlined by the Administrator. Order supplies to keep the home properly stocked with cleaning and other supplies. Maintain cost records.
- Coordinate environmental services with nursing service, dietary and activities department.
- Responsible for housekeeping /laundry weekly work scheduling for staff.
- Follow defined infection control procedures.
- Follow defined safety codes while performing all duties. Required to understand and follow OSHA guidelines as presented in the OSHA manual as it relates to housekeeping and laundry dept.
Desired Experience and Education
- High school graduate or equivalent education is preferred.
- Preference is given to candidates with experience in environmental services and supervision.
- Possess basic knowledge of housekeeping/sanitation.
- Possess leadership qualities and be able to supervise and secure the cooperation of the environmental services staff.
- Willing to perform routine, repetitive tasks with frequent interruptions. Must be aware of the requirement for safe handling and use of equipment.
We offer competitive pay commensurate with experience. All full-time employees are eligible for benefits including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- Company Paid Life Insurance.
- 401(k) with Company Match.
- Career Ladder—Education Fund and Scholarship Opportunities.
Ask hiring manager for details.
We strive for excellence in the physical care of the people we serve and are fully committed to assisting their pursuit of meaningful lives. We are a skilled nursing and rehabilitation center with deep roots in the community. Our mission—and approach to care—is to serve people with compassion and dignity. Equal Opportunity Employer.