Position: Production Assembler
Schedule: 2, 2, 3 schedule - 12-hr shifts, days and night available
- Support packaging operations by supporting line leaders in day to day production of customer products.
- Assure quality of products produced by following instructions from line leaders and specifications from batch recorders.
Major Duties and Responsibilites:
- Follow Safety procedures, policies and report concerns to area manager.
- Perform task in a manner that meets/exceeds quality criteria.
- Identify quality problems and stop operating until resolved.
- Report quality concerns to area manager.
- Punch pay clock and arrive on production floor no later than start of shift.
- Punch in and out of production orders as instructed by line leaders.
- Sign Batch Records as required by SOP's.
- Perform line set-up activity as instructed.
- Identify mistakes and immediately bring to the attention of supervision.
- Inspect product for quality attributes as instructed.
- Load components into equipment as instructed.
- Assemble components to products as instructed.
- Load boxes with product.
- Apply product identification labels, etc. to boxes.
- Manually apply tape to seal boxes.
- Perform cleaning duties as instructed.
- Perform line clearance as instructed.
- Assist in training of coworkers.
- Operate minor material handling equipment. i.e. pallet jacks hand trucks,
- Maintain a clean and neat work area.
- Support company SOP's, operating policies, 5-S, AOP Quality and safety initiatives.
- Dependable transportation.
- Can work with a team.
- Speak and understand English fluidly.
- Communicate clearly verbally and in writing.
- Work shifts that may exceed 10 or 12 hours when asked.
- Work weekends.
- Past packaging production experience.
- CGMP, 5-S, Clean Room experience.
Critical Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to stand in one place for length of shift.
- Place components on other components while they move on a conveyor.
- Follow written/verbal instructions.
- Lift 35 – 50 pounds on a regular basis.
PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: The typical work environment and physical effort required to perform the duties of your job.
- Exposure to chemicals and/or other potential hazards.
- Loud noises.
- Moving machines and robots.
- Self-starting machinery.