Infiltrator Water Technologies (IWT), is the leading provider of engineered plastic chambers, synthetic aggregate leach-fields, tanks, and accessories for the onsite wastewater and storm-water industries. Most of IWT products are made of 95% recycled material, making us a leader in the use of "green materials". As a leader we are devoted to sustainability through recycling plastics and energy conservation. Each year Infiltrator purchases 75,000 tons (68,038,856 kg) of post-consumer and post-industrial thermoplastics that might have otherwise been landfilled. In regard to energy, the production and installation of our wastewater treatment systems consumes 85 percent less electricity and emits 40 percent less carbon than conventional systems. In addition to our commitment to the environment and creating innovative products, we are dedicated to positively contributing to communities across the United States and Canada.
At IWT we believe that people are our most important asset. IWT promotes a challenging work environment that allows for personal development and independence. Strong relationships between and among employees achieves the best results while working as a team. With 8 locations across the country and a company-wide dedication to innovation, there are many opportunities to join our strong, supportive and successful team.
The financial business analyst is primarily responsible for budgeting, cost variance analysis and business process improvements. The position requires working directly with the plant controller and manufacturing operations managers. Success will depend upon displaying financial systems and application expertise, communicating effectively, prioritizing workload, and taking initiative in a fast-paced business environment.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the industry, company, materials, suppliers, customer product lines, manufacturing processes, machinery & equipment, and overhead.
- Utilize knowledge of the business to support the plant controller in developing the annual manufacturing budget.
- Develop supporting expense budgets schedules necessary for product and standard cost calculations.
Cost Variance Analysis:
- Using financial expertise, analyze system information to determine variance outliers, causes, and trends. Support operations managers in implementing corrective actions and counter measures to root causes.
- Using business knowledge, translate the information into clear and concise narrative variance explanation.
- Leverage knowledge gained in budgeting and cost variance analysis to recommend accounting processes and business operations improvements.
- Build strong work relationships and support operating departments by performing financial and operational analysis used to make business decisions and improvements.
- Recommend cost savings initiatives and support operations in implementing changes and tracking results of improvements
- Independently coordinate and facilitate with the operational managers, various physical inventory counts in accordance with company polices.
Fixed Asset/Capital Spending
- Work with local and corporate personnel regarding capital spending forecasts and detail tracking of costs.
QUALIFICATIONS (must have):
BS in accounting/finance
5-10 years of experience
Must be proficient in MS Excel
Must demonstrate ability to identify and implement process improvements, be a self-starter, and effectively interact and communicate across multiple functions within the organization.
Must have strong communication (oral and written) and relationship building skills.
Preferred experience in manufacturing environment
Preferred experience cost accounting
Preferred experience with JD Edwards software system
Preferred work experience in publicly traded company