Reporting to the Batching Supervisor, the Chemical Plant Operator is responsible for mixing/blending of
materials, operation of process equipment, and related duties. They will maintain production records
and ensures standard operating procedures are being followed. They will be required to comply with all
regulatory, safety and environmental requirements.
Key Responsibilities of Chemical Plant Operator:
• Responsible for mixing/blending of materials, paint matching, and operation of process equipment
• Monitor the performance of plant equipment and process conditions utilizing various
instruments, gauges and meters
• Unloading of rail cars and tank wagons
• Operate a forklift to stage materials
• Responsible for assuring the product is made correctly according to standard manufacturing orders
• Complete production reporting and quality control reporting in a timely and accurate manner
• Maintains thorough knowledge of all processes and equipment.
• Perform quality control analysis during the manufacturing steps, including drawing samples of
raw materials or from the process for laboratory testing
• Must follow all safety procedures, act in a safe manner at all times and have an understanding
and awareness of chemicals and their nature, hazards, safety and health issues etc. (MSDS's, use of PPE etc.)
• Maintain a neat and orderly work area
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requirements of Chemical Plant Operator:
• High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associate's degree or higher a plus.
• 2+ years in a chemical plant environment is desired, Paint/Color matching experience a plus
• Must have effective verbal and written English communication skills
• Able to work overtime and nights as required
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities:
• Ability to work well under minimal supervision
• Attention to details, organization ability and ability to interact well with others.
• Must be able to operate basic hand tools
• Ability to work in a chemical manufacturing plant environment.
• Ability to execute strenuous, sometimes repetitive physical work such as climbing, lifting
objects up to 50 lbs and pushing/ pulling objects up to and including moving heavy drums
weighing 440+ lbs.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Able work in changing temperatures, indoors and out
#Operator #Quality #Chemicals #Manufacturing #Batch #Batch
Spray Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any
Kind: Spray Products is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees
and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All
employment decisions at Spray Products are based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex
(including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender
identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military
service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status
protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Spray Products will not tolerate
discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Spray Products encourages
applicants of all ages.