CSTK Inc., a national provider of transportation services, is seeking a full-time entry-level Truck Equipment Installation Technician for its location in Saint Louis, MO. This position is responsible for mechanical installation services for all truck equipment. Truck equipment involved includes but not limited to: cranes, lift gates, inverters, and a multitude of truck bodies that will include dumps, service, utility, platforms, and custom builds.
- Install truck equipment and perform maintenance procedures with efficiency and high quality standards
- Adhere to company standards, policies, and procedures
- Comply with all safety procedures and maintain good housekeeping
- Properly complete required paperwork
- Maintain good attendance
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required
Required Basic Qualifications:
Interested candidates must possess the basic qualifications below to be considered for this position:
- A minimum of 1 year recent mechanical work experience utilizing below listed skills or related vocational training
- Must have the ability to successfully install, troubleshoot, and repair truck equipment or have a basic understanding of hydraulic, mechanical and/or electrical systems, which may include:
- 12-volt wiring fundamentals and electrical diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair
- Hydraulic system flow, troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair
- Welding and custom fabrication experience or general knowledge
- Functional mechanical knowledge of cranes, hoists, air compressors, PTO / Pumps, electronic additions to vehicles such as back-up cameras, LED lighting, etc.
- Layout / carpentry skills including leveling components, measuring, confirming angles and maintaining square, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Must have an acceptable driving record if driving under the company's insurance policy
- Ability to read and understand truck specification documents
- Must have ability to work overtime and on-call as position may require
- Must have basic computer skills and knowledge
- Must have a complete set of tools, including necessary pneumatic, battery powered, and hand tools
- Must be able to stand, kneel, and crouch for long periods, climb ladders and lift in excess of 50 pounds either with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have the ability to obtain and hold a DOT Medical Card, from a company approved physician, if required
- Vocational or technical training
- 3 years mechanical repair and/or vehicle up fitting experience in related field
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CSTK has implemented an affirmative action plan to ensure equal employment opportunities for females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and qualified targeted veterans. We make reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact email@example.com ONLY if you wish to request an accommodation. Resumes sent to this address will not be accepted. Applicants MUST apply online to be considered for posted positions.