Job Summary Of The Nursery Manager:
The successful Nursery Manager will analyze, evaluate and effectively plan day-to-day operations to maximize value of the nursery. Organize, direct, and coordinate activities for production of horticultural crops with consistent quality meeting all customer expectations while maximize margin and profit. Position Duties include managing personnel, materials, facility and other assets and activities related to the operational and financial performance. Key areas of responsibility include planning and execution of Production, Growing, and Maintenance.
Summary of Essential Job Functions Of The Nursery Manager:
- Work with the Production Supervisor to coordinate, organize and prioritize all labor activities
- Analyze and evaluate financials to ensure financial goals are met
- Maintain Safety programs and other aspects of regulatory compliance
- Ability to recognize root causes and foresee issues to improve short and long-term operational performance
- Manage resources to maximize production and mitigate company exposure and liability
- Develop constructive and cooperative relationships with internal and external customers
- Labor management, ensuring cost efficiency while maintaining consistent quality
- Hire, mentor, train and develop direct reports and their direct reports to build a stronger team.
- Work closely with all Maintenance, Crew Leaders, Managers and office staff to ensure facility runs efficiently, cost effectively, with optimum output and meeting all deadlines.
- Work closely with Grower Manager to ensure efficiency and quality to meet customer standards with acceptable risk and maximum volume at minimal cost.
- Oversee and advise on major or reoccurring repairs and maintenance projects
- Purchase or approve purchase of raw materials
- Manage expenses and oversee all CapEx to maximize ROI
- Willing to travel based on company needs
Minimum Requirements Of The Nursery Manager:
- Must have 5+ years of experience managing in the greenhouse industry.
- Ability to interact and communicate with others and develop a team approach.
- Must have strong managerial experience and be able to work and lead a multitude of different personalities.
- Must possess the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Detail oriented team player with strong organizational and communication skills.
- Bachelors Degree
- Valid Driver License, clean criminal history and drug free.
- Current first aid/CPR certification, or ability and willingness to obtain one.
Abilities Required Of The Nursery Manager:
- Must have in depth understanding of greenhouse operations, quality and productivity
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations
- Ability to tolerate exposure to greenhouse elements such as heat, cold, water and dirt
- Must be in good physical condition and able to work outdoors for extended periods of time.
- Ability to demonstrate high ethical standards
- Possess strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work nights and/or weekends, hours will change based on business needs
- Able to work indoors, outdoors, in warehouse or greenhouse all seasons
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs and able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented