The Beach Company offers the widest range of real estate services of any firm in the region. Our privately held enterprise is actively engaged in development and management of many distinctive properties. Within our multi-faceted organization, the Property Management Division is immediately seeking a Porter for The Jasper, located in beautiful downtown Charleston, SC.
Duties as a Porter are to keep the grounds and common areas clean and neat. The porter ensures that the residents can be proud of the community and that prospects see an inviting place where they would like to live. Assist the Maintenance Supervisor as directed. The success or failure of a property depends upon whether or not the employees consistently follow through with work that is to be performed. Everyone is expected to perform his or her duties properly, regardless of whether it is an assigned, delegated, or chosen task. Everyone will be held responsible for the proper performance in completing tasks.
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor and Technicians in keeping the property safe and comfortable for residents. Assist in maintaining the property to be appealing and problem free for the residents.
- Assist in maintaining the physical condition of the owner's investment.
- Adhere to ALL COMPANY policies and procedures and all company personnel directives.
- Resident Relations – The Maintenance Department has more contact with residents than perhaps any other representative of the Company. He must present himself and The Beach Company as professional, competent and concerned. Abide by the Fair Housing laws. Deliver all notices and packages to residents.
Preventive Maintenance - Performs scheduled grounds maintenance and maintains pool and amenities as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor. Assists Maintenance Supervisor and contract landscapers to keep plants, lawns, shrubs in a healthy and appealing condition. Water, weed, rake, blow as required.
Grounds – policing all roadways of trash, leaves, etc. Keep all common areas clean, including but not limited to the clubhouse areas, and breezeways.
Safety - Keeps the property and all associated equipment in safe condition. Follow OSHA standards.
Equipment - The Employee provides tools and equipment to efficiently do their job.
- Have the willingness to accept delegated responsibilities from the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Have the ability to relate to people with varying personalities and social strata with a minimum of friction and work harmoniously with coworkers.
- Porters shall have at least a high school education or equivalent certification.