Operators will be responsible for maintaining a steady, efficient flow of product through the fill machine, learning the machine's interface fluently and also the general well-being of the machine itself.
About Heritage Specialty Foods:
Our company is comprised of two local families and two generations who are joined together by the same mission of supporting our customers with naturally fresh, kettle cooked foods for retail and food service operations.
With over 30 years of experience in fresh food manufacturing, we understand the intricate and delicate balance of taking a recipe and producing it on a grand scale while still maintaining the recipe's integrity.
We take full advantage of the abundance of local ingredients available to us in Portland to create our soups, chilis, chowders, entrées, sauces, marinades, and puddings also including vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free options and are looking for someone who relates to our company culture to join the team!
- Set up and operate machine in a safe and efficient manner, maintaining expected standards of production quality and waste.
- Assist with other operators to set up machines and any other necessary tasks to adhere to deadlines and completion of product.
- Constant communication with the cook staff.
- Daily operation of filling machinery safely and efficiently to produce top quality products.
- Responsible for proper and accurate product/package/code changes.
- Maintain proper safety conditions of equipment and surroundings.
- Perform quality inspections on materials and finished product.
- Quality checks to include, codes, seals and weights.
- If out of specification conditions are observed, notify responsible personnel and assist in resolution as appropriate.
- Follow procedures for isolating hold product or defective material.
- Follows Food Safety & Food Quality Plans to ensure compliance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) Standards, the SQF system and other 3rd party audits.
- Perform line set up, start up, operations, closing and changeover of equipment.
- Ensure product quality are met throughout process.
- Accurately completes and maintains all production records.
- Effectively and efficiently perform the safe operation of various machinery in the areas of set-up, troubleshooting and break down during operation.
- In a timely manner, set up, start-up and break down during the beginning and end of all production shifts.
- Must demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot effectively in order to minimize production down time.
- Regularly make adjustments necessary to maximize production machine efficiency.
- Reduce downtime by actively identifying mechanical issues which have the potential for machine breakdown or downtime and reports to Leads and/or Supervisors.
- May be required to operate other equipment necessary in the production process.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required and assigned.
Machine Operator Qualifications:
- Previous machine operating or related experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- High School diploma/GED preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Benefits for Machine Operators:
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Pay Range for Machine Operator:
$15.00 - $16.00 Hourly