The Distribution Center Manager is responsible for the overall warehouse performance. The DC Manager is responsible for operational quality, efficiency, safety and processing in accordance with customers' expectations. Sets and achieves goals which positively impact the service and profitability of Accent Dcor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Establish Standard Operational Procedures for all warehouse functions.
- Ability to identify opportunities and collect data to substantiate; drive change where needed
- Drive cost improvement activities by identifying system improvements, headcount optimization, and improved square footage utilization opportunities
- Engage with senior management in developing Warehouse Operations and Transportation goals and initiatives. Plan, develop, and implement warehouse safety and security programs and activities.
- Review invoices, work orders, consumption reports, and demand forecasts in order to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments.
- Develop and maintain solid inventory control processes and procedures
- Support special projects as needed.
- In close coordination with GM, monitor and project space and expansion needs.
- Schedule and monitor air or surface pickup, delivery, or distribution of products or materials.
- Confer with department heads to coordinate warehouse activities, such as production, sales, records control, and purchasing.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with organizational and staff members as necessary.
- Inspect physical conditions of warehouse, and equipment, maintenance, repair, or replacement as necessary.
- Interview, select, and train warehouse and supervisory personnel.
- Recommend personnel actions, hire, discharge, transfer, or promote employees.
- Develop staffing and productivity planning metrics for all segments of the operations.
- Supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, testing, and shipping products or materials.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with organizational officials and staff members as necessary.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- SQL / Excel / Access – writing queries to source data and perform analysis
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-starter who works independently and is self-motivated.
- Innovative and flexible
- Exhibits creativity and tenacity to drive effective solutions through Supply Chain
- Maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations.
- Follows direction
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Identifies additional tasks to be completed and willingly assists others.
- Previous experience managing a large 200k+ sf distribution operation
- Planning and budgeting experience.
- Strong WMS systems background.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with a focus on Excel.
- Detail oriented, strong communication and collaborative skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include those required for reading, writing, and typing. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.