Cooks are responsible for creating consistent and delicious soups and sauces, helping management and leads maintain a good flow throughout the rest of the kitchen.
About Heritage Specialty Foods:
Our company is comprised of two local families and two generations who are joined together by the same mission of supporting our customers with naturally fresh, kettle cooked foods for retail and food service operations.
With over 30 years of experience in fresh food manufacturing, we understand the intricate and delicate balance of taking a recipe and producing it on a grand scale while still maintaining the recipe's integrity.
We take full advantage of the abundance of local ingredients available to us in Portland to create our soups, chilis, chowders, entrées, sauces, marinades, and puddings also including vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free options and are looking for someone who relates to our company culture to join the team!
- Cooking soups, sauces, and entrees while following the recipes strictly.
- Keeping track of the soups through every stage of our CCPs on the intended paperwork.
- Communicating to other kitchen staff needs of the leads and maintaining proper GMPs.
- Cooks and prepare a variety of food according to production guidelines and standardized recipes.
- Sets up workstation with all needed ingredients and equipment.
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, and utensils.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager.
- Previous kitchen and/or cooking required.
- Familiar with food safety required by local jurisdiction.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- High School diploma/GED preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Benefits for Cooks:
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Pay Range for Cooks:
$15.00 - $16.00 Hourly