Maintain a high level of Food Safety and Product Quality through the cleaning and sanitation of food processing equipment, utensils, and facility. Please note that this will be a graveyard shift requiring availability from 8:00 pm - 4:30 am.
About Heritage Specialty Foods:
Our company is comprised of two local families and two generations who are joined together by the same mission of supporting our customers with naturally fresh, kettle cooked foods for retail and food service operations.
With over 30 years of experience in fresh food manufacturing, we understand the intricate and delicate balance of taking a recipe and producing it on a grand scale while still maintaining the recipe's integrity.
We take full advantage of the abundance of local ingredients available to us in Portland to create our soups, chilis, chowders, entrées, sauces, marinades, and puddings also including vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free options and are looking for someone who relates to our company culture to join the team!
- To keep all production and receiving areas clean by cleaning and sanitizing processing equipment and maintaining the areas in accordance with approved quality and sanitation procedures.
- Utilize chemicals and cleaning agents to clean and sanitize processing area walls, floor, and equipment.
- Utilize refuse and sanitation tools in a proper and safe manner.
- Removal of debris from processing area.
- Observe and record facility conditions to ensure all areas are within company and regulatory specifications.
- Verify the adequacy of cleaning and sanitation performed on areas and equipment and complete and sign off on appropriate forms.
- Document actions taken in response to unsatisfactory observations on equipment, utensils, and process area conditions.
- Complete testing when applicable.
- Work with team members to effectively complete all cleaning job tasks in a timely manner.
Sanitation Associate Qualifications:
- Previous related experience preferred.
- Effective communicator.
- Organized and able to solve problems as they arise.
- Time management skills while maintaining attention to detail.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Benefits for Sanitation Associate:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Pay Rate for Sanitation Associate: