REPORTS TO: Service Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position performs preventative maintenance on all customer and rental forklift models that our company distributes. This includes lubrication, oil and filter changes and inspection of various hoses, belts, tire, seats and overall condition and operation check of the forklift.
• Performs preventative maintenance (PM's) on all heart of the line products for both customers and our rental department equipment using the most current PM checklist.
• This work will include lubrication, oil and filter changes and inspection of various hoses, belts, tires, and other mechanical systems. Perform follow-up work as detailed on the latest PM checklist.
• Inspection of equipment for overall condition and operation.
• Perform light repairs that mainly involve the use of hand tools in removing, repairing, and replacing parts, and make all necessary adjustments for proper operation.
• Ability to self-manage assigned PM's, (preventative maintenance accounts) and follow-up work on Repair Orders.
• Must manage appropriate paperwork in accordance with company standards and procedures.
• Produce complete service documents and submit on a timely basis with accurate and appropriate detail of work performed.
• Represent the company in a professional manner and comply with all company policies and procedures.
• Maintain work area/service van according to Company guidelines.
• Attend periodic training sessions and safety meetings.
• Complete all work consistent with Company guidelines for productivity and quality.
• Maintains punctual, regular, and predictable attendance.
• Respectfully takes direction from Service Manager.
• Works well alone and collaboratively in a team environment with a positive attitude.
• Provide excellent customer service and maintains existing relationships with internal and external customers.
• Maintain work area according to Company guidelines.
• Active safety advocate and will adhere to all safety guidelines.
• Maintain up to date tool inventory list for personal tools as prescribed by the Company.
• Mature judgement, responsive, even temperament, and ability to accept responsibility.
• Ability to be flexible and move from one job to another dependent on the need and direction.
None. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Self-driven, resourceful, strong initiative and high level of productivity.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills when working with customers or employees.
• Sound mechanical/ technical aptitude and understanding of mechanical and electrical operations. Basic mechanical/electrical/hydraulic training courses a plus.
• Ability to quickly establish rapport and positive working relationships
• Ability to interpret technical manuals, drawings, and diagrams and any other technical data supplied by various manufacturers.
• Ability to learn and comply with all Federal, State, and Norlift employment regulations or policies.
• Aptitude and ability to use technology platforms including Microsoft Office applications and specialized manufacturers' diagnostic programs and information systems.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
• Valid driver's license with good driving record.
• Required to have current medical certification
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• High school or GED level education preferred
• Previous experience in automotive or material handling industry preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to:
• Required to talk and hear.
• Frequently required to walk and sit.
• Occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and reach with hands and arms.
• Ability to lift parts and tools weighing up to 50 lbs.; push/pull up to 75 lbs; lift with hoist apparatus up to 250 lbs.
• Must have 20-20 vision or vision corrected to 20-20 in both eyes.
• Ability to complete a work week without excessive physical or mental fatigue.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to chemicals, odors, and mechanical moving parts in the various locations.
This is not an exhausted list of roles and responsibilities. Changes or modifications to this job description may be made due to the needs of the company.