If you have a strong Project Engineer skill set, are internal-customer driven and have the desire to provide exceptional quality to a dynamic organization, then we would like to hear from you.
Our Project Engineers will work directly with Project Managers and Estimators to assist in the estimating and project management process. Each day you will be problem solving, multi-tasking, and assuming responsibility for planning, organizing, and executing project responsibilities.
- Assist in the estimating process as directed, including attending pre-bids, quantity take-offs, sub-bid solicitations
- Develop and update both a master and short interval schedule for distribution project control
- Provide weekly submission of quantities installed to be used for productivity reporting
- Complete document control procedures (Drawing Log) including issuance of relevant documents to sub trades
- Compile and submit required submittal packages with shop drawings for approval followed by completion and update of the submittal log
- Compile and track material status log
- Compile and update project punch list or issues matrix
- Review weekly productivity reports for potential areas of improvement with the Project Manager and Superintendent and suggest changes as needed
- Assist with coordinating sub-bid solicitations and procuring resources such as suppliers, manpower, and equipment
- Assist the Project Manager and Superintendent in daily coordination of subcontractors and suppliers
- Ensure proper documentation for any additional work
- Assist the Superintendent to ensure completion of "As Built" drawings
- Assist the Project Manager and Superintendent in completing project closeout requirements
- Maintain project file and shop drawing processing and assigned contract administration duties
- Prepare submittal package compilation
- Assist with financial management by writing and issuing change orders, approving material invoices, and tracking material, labor and equipment costs
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Primavera
- Experience with BIM, GradeBeam, and Bluebeam is preferred
- OSHA 30 hour certification preferred
- Ability to communicate professionally in both verbal and written format
- Ability to take direction, read and understand plans and specifications required
- Strong analytic skills and attention to detail
- Ability to follow through and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of construction and scheduling techniques
- A Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management is required
- 2+ working in the construction industry
Aristeo Construction is one of the nation's largest full service general contractors, offering our clients comprehensive construction solutions in the manufacturing, commercial, industrial, higher education, and energy markets. We also boast one of the largest self perform workforces in the state, with experience across seven different skilled trades. This combination sets us apart and allows us to better exceed unique customer expectations regarding project scheduling, efficient workflows, out-of-the-box ideas, and value-engineered solutions. We are known for our culture of safety, integrity, respect, quality, and a dedication to doing the work right.
Why Choose Aristeo:
If you're interested in work that challenges and excites you, then Aristeo is the right place to be. You'll take advantage of our automated equipment and high tech software, gain hands-on experience in all facets of a job, and be mentored by experts from across our business on how we use innovative methodologies. You will have the opportunity to be a key member of our team, working on exciting projects for globally-recognized clients.
Aristeo has been voted by our own employees as one of Metro Detroit's and the Nation's Best & Brightest Places to Work for six years in a row – a designation that highlights our commitment to employees and creating a friendly and rewarding culture. Have fun with our tight-knit team at one of our many company events and volunteer opportunities. In addition, Aristeo offers employer-paid benefits, competitive salaries, ongoing professional development, and opportunities for growth.
If you want to be part of something BIG, then join our growing Aristeo team!
This position will require short and long-term travel. Candidates must be willing to travel or relocate for extended periods of time on a project specific basis. Candidates must be currently eligible to work in the U.S. without further visa sponsorship. Aristeo is an EEO employer.
Livonia, Michigan, United States