Who We are
Thompson Pipe Group is a privately held family business of engineers, contractors, and manufacturers based in Rialto, California. From humble beginnings, we built a family of products to meet the needs of all kinds of infrastructure. Each generation of products is better than the previous one.
Thompson Pipe Group is now the largest and most diverse drainage, sanitary, pressure, and trench-less pipe provider, with manufacturing locations across the country and serving not just the US but all of North America. Please visit our website at www.thompsonpipegroup.com
Responsible for performing all functions necessary to produce precast concrete products efficiently and safely under supervision. Work in a team environment with a positive attitude to accomplish the required tasks, and the ability to adapt to change.
- Removes Rings
- Assist with responsibilities such as finishing, repairs and patches concrete pipes, and other related products in the yard.
- Lifts and carries materials and equipment throughout work areas using appropriate equipment.
- Primes Pipe
- Maintains neat and orderly work areas.
- Ensuring tools and work areas are clean during the day and at the end of each shift.
- Finish product in a quality manner free of cracks and imperfections. Reports any problems/concerns or discrepancies to management.
- Other general duties as required to assist with production of pipes and box culverts.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching; the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 50 pounds.
- Requires activities involving being around mobile equipment, exposure to changes in temperature, exposure to dust and fumes.
- Use of ear plugs and other PPE – such as hard hat, steel-toes boots, gloves and safety glasses as required.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum 2 years of work-related experience and/or training in skilled trades.
- Familiarity using tools and equipment associated with precast concrete production.
- Current certified Forklift Operator or the ability to be certified as a Forklift Operator.
· Top-tier Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
· Life and Supplement Life
· Company Matched 401K Retirement Plan
· Paid Holidays
· Fun Events
· Training and Development
· Employee Discounts
· Career Opportunity!
Currently accepting applications in office, Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Our location 800 County Road 209, Alvarado, TX 76009
*Must pass pre-employment physical and alcohol/drug testing
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Have a valid driver's license
EOE/AA – M/F/Vet/Disability
Thompson Pipe Group – Dallas is an Equal Opportunity Employee
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
An Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer that welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Drug free workplace.
Based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check.