Founded by Eric Lecoq in 1991, we are the preeminent manufacturer of fine French pastries in the US.
Intense focus on innovation, investment in state-of-the-art equipment, and an uncompromising commitment to the highest quality in ingredients, together with artisanal know-how and respect for tradition, are the secrets to the creation of our exquisite pastries.
Our amazing people's inspiration and dedication are what brings it all together. Their enthusiasm for the product and commitment to delivering the very best French pastries translates into an unforgettable experience for your taste buds.
The same principles of quality, high standards, and precision are found throughout the organization in everything we do. If you have a passion for excellence, an innovative mind, and pride for things well done, we'd love to meet you.
The Production Supervisor oversees the production operations and the supervision of production associates. S/he is responsible for compliance with all safety, quality, and housekeeping standards, and for coaching, mentoring, training and motivating associates to achieve performance excellence.
- Responsible for the supervision and performance of the manufacturing staff. Provide development and direction by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and evaluating job results; coaching and counseling associates; and initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Monitor schedule and ensure shifts are properly staffed by planning workforce requirements and recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training associates. Set daily/weekly/monthly objectives and communicate them to employees. Ensure adherence to procedures and SOPs (Safety rules, GMPs, Production methods, controls, sanitation).
- Supervise production at every step to ensure safety, quality and productivity. Identify issues and resolve problems to ensure minimum cost and efficiency. Offer improvements to methods, procedure, policies, and quality. Implements cost saving strategies and techniques.
- Compile and analyze production performance records and data. Create and organize proper documentation and document controls.
- Submit reports on performance and progress.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment. Enforce strict safety guidelines and company quality standards.
- Maintain and monitor food safety activities including sanitation. Ensure manufacturing operations are consistent with the food safety plan.
- Participate in non-conformity resolution and investigation and implement corrective action plan.
- Responsible for direct observation (USDA products).
- Participate in testing and product development related tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A/S Degree in a technical, engineering or relevant field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a Production Supervisor in a Process Manufacturing environment, preferably in the bakery industry.
- Bilingual English and Spanish.
- Proven ability to understand production line efficiencies around labor, machinery and production methods.
- Broad knowledge of production planning processes.
- Understanding of machine controls and instrumentation. Experience with various types of manufacturing machinery and tools.
- Superior problem-solving skills. Able to deal with complex issues in a fast-paced setting.
- Strong leadership abilities, and excellent coaching, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to work on morning shift, afternoon shift, and weekends as needed.
Lecoq Cuisine provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.