Important: You will need to take the online assessment after applying for this job (Link at the bottom of the posting.)
HBI is currently seeking a Carpentry Instructor.
As a carpentry instructor, you will demonstrate—through hands-on training and classroom instruction—proper technique, safety, and detail which are essential skills of polished trades professionals. Specific duties are as follows:
- Instruct program participants in carpentry using approved curriculum.
- Develop curriculum and supporting training materials, as needed.
- Coordinate hands-on training activities including on-site and community-based projects.
- Demonstrate proper tool and equipment use, with an emphasis on safety.
- Recommend students for job placement.
- Monitor and coach trainees.
- Perform various administrative and reporting functions, as required.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- At least five years of experience in carpentry needed.
- Must have basic computer skills, including some experience with database and MS Office
- Strong coaching skills and the determination to teach, inspire and lead future trades professionals are essential.
- A strong orientation to safety in the workplace is a must.
- Valid state driver's license required.
HBI offers a competitive salary and benefits program.
When you finish applying for this position, take the assessment by following this link. If you don't take the assessment, your application will be incomplete. https://www.ondemandassessment.com/link/index/JB-0U8GIQKTO
HBI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.