Under the general direction and direct supervision of the Operations Manager (OM) for WTE, recruits, hires, trains, and supervises Regional Career Development Coordinators (RCDCs). Consistently monitors and evaluates the WTE vocational trade training programs assigned and coordinates all staff training to include contractually required training and professional development, consistently monitors for quality training and placement activities to achieve performance criteria set by HBI and funding agencies or organizations. Uses independent judgment in travel schedules and daily work activities. Handles confidential information and travels as required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruits and trains WTE RCDCs, RPCs and Instructors as applicable.
- Evaluates job and contract performance for staff and assigned programs.
- Manages program budgets to ensure funds are used as designated and in an efficient manner.
- Monitors program databases to ensure program outcomes are successfully met; collaborates with OM and RCDCs to address challenges and implement corrective action as needed.
- Collaborates with RCDCs to ensure WTE training areas are safe and conducive to a quality training environment.
- Monitors students' placement and job readiness activity and directs RPC's and RCDC's priorities to ensure that the assigned programs meet or exceed minimum performance criteria as established by the funding agency and outlined in the contractual agreement.
- Ensures that assigned staff have obtained the appropriate safety training and certification(s), if required, as established by OSHA, OASAM and HBI policies.
- Coordinates and delivers all staff training to include contractually required and new employee training, in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
- Assists Operations Manager with the supervision of Instructors, RPCs, RCDCs, and the overall vocational training activities of programs assigned.
- Enforces all HBI and contractual established policies and procedures that apply to staff.
- Identifies all needs of the WTE programs assigned and communicates those needs to the Operations Manager for consideration.
- Leads a contractual area of concentration as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Acts as an ambassador of HBI and promotes the growth of the WTE programs, reporting all requests for possible expansion to the Operations Manager for consideration and follow-up.
- Maintains knowledge of instructional techniques by attending seminars and/or workshops, and by reviewing professional and other publications.
- Assumes responsibility in promoting teamwork and coordinating WTE vocational training and placement activities among various HBI departments and RCDCs, RPCs, and Instructors.
- Attends seminars, as directed, to obtain and maintain required trainer certification.
- Domestic travel as required in-state and out –of state (up to 35% annually).
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Internal: Communicates with HBI and WTE staff, at all levels, regarding vocational training and placement.
External: Communicates with a wide variety of industry, government and union groups regarding vocational training and placement.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years' experience supervising a large staff which includes performance management, recruiting/hiring, training, and coaching. (Management of remote staff preferred.)
- Ability to conduct off-site managerial duties (e.g., crisis management, on-site managerial duties, safety assessments and evaluation of skills training)
- Construction-related management experience helpful.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and direct diverse individuals and groups of people.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, through a variety of media, with a wide range of government, industry, union, and other groups and individuals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship development and management skills
- Excellent conflict management and resolution skills.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Must possess a current valid state drivers' license and reliable transportation.
- Depending on program or funder requirements, may need to complete Protective Action Response training, an extensive criminal background screening, and/or a workplace productivity assessment.
HBI offers a competitive salary and benefits program.
HBI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.