Service Maintenance Manager
About The Community Builders, Inc.
Join a growing organization that is strengthening neighborhoods across the nation! The Community Builders, Inc. (TCB) is one of America's leading nonprofit real estate developers and owners. Our mission is to build and sustain strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their full potential.
Under the direction of the Community Manager, the Service Maintenance Manager (SMM) is responsible for all the physical operations of the community, particularly the preservation and maintenance of the structures on the site, preparation of market ready homes and providing ongoing service to the residents. A primary role of the SMM is to deliver leadership, mentoring and direction to enhance the skills of employees and foster a collaborative, positive work environment, and providing a quality living environment for all residents.
- Identifies current and future maintenance project requirements and priorities.
- Achieves financial objectives by adhering to an annual maintenance budget.
- Coordinates projects with purchasing, initiates corrective actions, and anticipates long-term issues
- Provides recommendations for capital and renovation/project expenditures
- Manages inventory control operations
- Prepares routine and special reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Adheres to Federal, State and local regulatory compliance related to building code
- Oversees and/or assists in capital improvement and renovation projects
- Manages all vendor services and general contracts
- Manages all HVAC equipment, appliances, vehicles, large power tools
- Tracks anticipated capital improvements such as carpet, asphalt, HVAC, hazard and roofing repair and replacement.
- Manages warranty contracts and records
- Prepares Preventive Maintenance Plan which includes: boiler pressures and temperature, hallway graffiti, elevators, life safety, emergency lighting, snow logs, stair condition, outside inspections and certifications, etc.
- Manages shop and maintenance garage / storage areas for organization, inventory and safety compliance.
- Coordinates inspection and emergency notices that need to go out to residents
- Set example for a other Service Staff in matters of dress, appearance and demeanor
- Available for 24-hour emergencies and maintenance on-call rotation
- Commutable radius to property
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to service the lights and ceiling fans.
- Frequently moves equipment weighing up to 100 pounds across sites.
- Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Some college or trade school desired or 5 years of progressive responsibility in property management, hospitality or retail experience required.
- 3+ years of multi-site, multi-family multi-property type operational management experience, preferably with a portfolio of properties that contain a mix of residential property types or a comparable role in hotel/resort/retail management.
- Must demonstrate a minimum of 4 years advanced experience in hands on plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, appliance and electrical repairs.
- Experience in training, budget development and managing expenses; bid and managing vendors, service and general building contractors are essential skills.
- One or more industry-Trade certifications (NAHMS, CAMT, OSHA, HVAC, ETC) required or eligible.
- Willingness to get certification within 6 months of hiring to meet any specific site/area needs.
- Knowledge of all hand and power tools, cleaning supplies, and protective equipment.
The Community Builders is committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.