Middle River Aerostructure Systems is a world-leading manufacturer of thrust reverser (the braking system on a jet engine), engine nacelle components and specialized aerostructures. It supplies and supports these products for engine makers, airplane manufacturers and aircraft operators. Located on Maryland's Chesapeake Bay near Baltimore, MRAS has a 1.7-million sq. ft. facility situated on 180 acres – where the company and its predecessors have designed, built and equipped civil and military aircraft for nearly 90 years. In 2019, MRAS was acquired by VT Systems, the U.S. affiliate of Singapore-based ST Engineering – becoming a part of its global network of aerospace facilities and offices. With the ownership change, the company was renamed Middle River Aerostructure Systems.
ST Engineering Aerospace – Middle River Aerostructure Systems, LLC. is looking for an experienced metallics buyer to manage dedicated suppliers to achieve the best contractual conditions, pricing, terms & delivery, while also ensuring internal customer satisfaction. In this role you will manage the entire supplier relationship, from RFP through contract award and fulfillment execution.
Essential Responsibilities of a Commodity Buyer includes the following:
• Manage the entire life cycle of the supplier relationship which include the following:
• Bidder list development, RFQ, bid analysis, down select, negotiations, Deal Review preparation & presentation, Contract award, bid process documentation, PO release and Fulfillment.
• Manage supplier OTD & Quality metrics
• Status delivery & commitments
• Drive MRB documentation between the supplier and internal parties
• Drive supplier recovery planning & execution as necessary
• Define, present & administer supplier strategy to ensure best overall value is obtained, including consistent delivery to schedule & quality requirements
• Manage and lead claim negotiations and special projects as required
• Monitor engineering change activity & lead detail overlap process with supplier(s)
• Communicate and coordinate activities as required with cross-functional groups including; Planning, Engineering, Quality, Programs, Finance, Legal & Manufacturing
• Assist in the continuous development of the Procurement function towards best practices
• Advise functional managers regarding approaches, processes and procedures within supply base
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university (Supply Chain, Engineering, or Business degree is preferred)
• 1-3 years of strategic sourcing experience including RFP's, supplier selection, contract negotiations & management, etc. is highly desirable.
• Knowledge in sourcing machined, sheet metal, and/or plastic details
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Critical self-thinker and strong problem-solving skills & ability to operate independently
• Willingness to travel
• Strong Excel skills and other Microsoft Office tools
• Familiar with ERP systems (Oracle and/or SAP desired) and SRM's preferred
• Effective leadership skills
• Aerospace industry experience