Middle River Aerostructure Systems is a world-leading manufacturer of thrust reverser (the braking system on a jet engine), engine nacelle components and specialized aerostructures. It supplies and supports these products for engine makers, airplane manufacturers and aircraft operators. Located on Maryland's Chesapeake Bay near Baltimore, MRAS has a 1.7-million sq. ft. facility situated on 180 acres – where the company and its predecessors have designed, built and equipped civil and military aircraft for nearly 90 years. In 2019, MRAS was acquired by VT Systems, the U.S. affiliate of Singapore-based ST Engineering – becoming a part of its global network of aerospace facilities and offices. With the ownership change, the company was renamed Middle River Aerostructure Systems.
The Quality Specialist will be responsible for the development, implementation, improvement and continuous reinforcement of established Quality fundamental processes.
• Assist in ensuring compliance in accordance with documented procedures for all aspects of functional responsibility.
• Leads, acknowledges, develops, communicates, and implements a strategy to ensure compliance.
• Ensures process compliance through the development of comprehensive procedures, work instructions, flowcharts, forms, templates, checklists, worksheets, and other product and process related documentation.
• Conduct follow-up and compliance audits to ensure process improvement and corrective/preventive action implementation and effectiveness.
• Ensure assigned audits are tracked and performed within scheduled parameters.
• Develop Quality training program to ensure compliance to policies and procedures.
• Reviews audits and reports discrepancies of adequacy, compliance, efficiency and safety to the Quality Management Systems Leader.
• Prepare and issue audit reports and communicate risks found during audit to cross functional teams.
• Oversee Quality programs (i.e. Certified Operator, Acceptance Media) and communicate status to cross-functional teams.
• Participating in onsite audits conducted by external providers.
• Review audit findings with Quality Management Systems Leader and cross-functional teams for root cause analysis.
• Develop Quality Alerts to be distributed by the Quality Management Systems Leader.
• Update training records in database for all personnel.
• Manage day-to-day Record Retention activities onsite and with third-party.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college (or an Associate's Degree/High School Diploma with 3+ years of experience in a quality role).
• Minimum of 1 year of Quality experience focused on Quality Management Systems (Auditing, Nadcap- Special Processes, AS9100 Requirements and Acceptance Media Process for production).
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Experience leading and implementing change.
• Experience performing internal audits and participating in external audits.
• Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and root cause analysis skills.
• Ability to multitask and handles tasks with competing priorities effectively.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Management System tools, continuous improvement methodologies and in-depth understanding of site level products and related processes.
• Detail oriented and strong computer skills.
• Experience with ERP software applications and Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint/Word.
• Comprehensive understanding of AS9100 Quality Management Systems.
• This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. MRAS will require proof of status prior to employment.