Under direction of the department supervisor, Shipping Operator-Lead will lead/manage shift operations with a high regard for safety and quality, while following GMP guidelines. Activities can include, cleaning equipment and work areas, order pulling, verifying pulled load, loading trailers, completing paperwork per GMP guidelines and plant SOPs, training new staff, motivation, and development of employees through coaching efforts, and implementing company policies and procedures.
• Possess basic reading and math skills.
• Minimum two+ years' experience as an order puller, loader, or shipping lead.
• Must have experience in leading a shift team and able to make decisions relevant to the shipping requirements.
• Willing to work shifts, including weekends/overtime as required.
• Ability to follow written instructions with attention to detail.
• Oversee the safe work practices of all personnel in shipping area.
• Direct the activities of shipping order pullers, verifiers, and loaders throughout the shift.
• Train employees on SOP's pertinent to their work area.
• Ensure accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of production paperwork.
• Ability to repeatedly lift 50 pounds.
• Ability to quickly and repeatedly bend, stretch, twist, or reach with body or arms and legs.
• Maintain a clean work environment.
• Must be able to pass drug screen/check.