Headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan since 1955, Lumbermen's operates in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky. A leading distributor and manufacturer, we are driven by the goal to be first choice for our employee owners, customers, and suppliers. Lumbermen's is 100% employee-owned and committed to investing in rewarding relationships and doing the right thing in every interaction.
Located in the Shelbyville market, this position offers the opportunity to see the fruits of your labor as you transform spaces installing solid surface, granite, and quartz surfaces! Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Learning how to accurately measure, fabricate, and install custom solid surface, granite, and quartz countertops
- Traveling to job sites in a company vehicle
- Facilitating safe, efficient, and precise installation of products (surfaces, sinks, and faucets)
- Ensuring strong communication with customers (including effective problem resolution when applicable)
- Removal of laminate, tile, solid surface and other existing countertop surface materials or backsplash per job order
At Counter Solutions a Division of Lumbermen's, our mission is to deliver industry leading products and services to create exceptional spaces. Ideal candidates for this role are hard-working individuals who have a desire to learn and master a skill and find great satisfaction in transforming spaces. Prior countertop experience is beneficial, but not required. Installation Assistants are paired with an experienced Lead Installer to teach and train.
This position offers a $350 annual clothing allowance for uniform and protective footwear.
- High School diploma/GED required
- Construction experience is helpful, but not required (tile setter, fabricator, trim carpenter, cabinet installer)
- Hilo operator's license (will train if needed)
- Chauffer's license with a clean driving record (can assist with obtaining chauffer's license)
- Commitment to work safely and efficiently at all times
- Dependable and reliable
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Ability to safely lift and move granite and quartz countertop products and other heavy materials
- Ability to safely operate all tools and equipment in the fabricating shop and on the installation truck
- Desire to learn
- Ability to follow prescribed programs and standards
- Desire to help grow and develop the program and the business
- Ability to use communication skills to build and maintain good customer relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy
- Strong attention to detail and desire to "do things right the first time"
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Continuous improvement mentality
- Ability to lift up to 75 lb
Lumbermen's offers an exceptional work environment, competitive compensation based on experience, and great benefits, including: medical, dental, life, 401K, and a generous company-funded ESOP program. Take ownership of your career today!